ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg 172 - General WIP

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up about 2 years ago with a failed cambelt. Got the head sorted with new valves, all new belts and got it running. Sadly the brakes were shot (loose fitting kit resulted in ejected pads and loss of fluid and braking). Frustrated and more interested in my Kitcar, I let it sit on the drive for 18 months untill last month when it was time to get it road worthy.

As I got it:

Clio172.jpg

It failed its MoT, mainly on suspension, so rather than spending £200 on standard stuff, i bit the bullet and went for some Spax asdjustables. Despite the 50:50 reputation the seem fine so car.

After replacing the calipers and new disc on the rear (also sorted a noisy bearing) i set about tidying the outside.

It came with some naff 16s which didnt suit the car, so first update was some standard refurbed wheels with a slight darker shade of silver/grey.

Clio172AlloysStart.jpg

Clio172AlloysTools.jpg

Clio172AlloysKerbRash.jpg

Clio172Alloys2FlapStage1Edge.jpg

Clio172Alloys800Grit.jpg

Clio172AlloysPrimed1.jpg

I went for some Simoniz 5 Wheel Steel wheel paint is its slightly darker than standard silver.
Sadly '5' wheel turned out to be 3 wheel!, so a 2nd can was bought, which resulted in a different shade:

Clio172AlloysColourDiff1.jpg

Furtunately a 3rd can was largely the same, close enough anyway!

And this is how it stands now:

FrontQtrHigh.jpg

Flush.jpg

RearQtrZoom.jpg

SideR.jpg

I also Autosolo'd it last week end with a 1st in class and 3rd Overal:

AutoSoloAG1a.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I think a polished lip on the 5 spokes would look great