ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg Paint!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Fellow Berg owner's!

Have you ever had any issue's with getting something sprayed, and it then not matching the original colour!? Silver in general and particularly Iceberg seems to be a bloody nightmare to colour match! I worked in a body shop for 5 years and they always caused issues.

I bought a cup spoiler for mine in mondial blue had it sprayed by one of my customer's (for free) and the silver just looks off! almost as if there isn't enough blue in it? I'm not that fussed its just one of those niggles.

Does anyone else have any mismatch paint work on their silver Clio!?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Here's some pic's of the offending spoiler!
petajubu.jpg
e3aqa8ut.jpg
ruzuqe8u.jpg
amada7y7.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Isnt it something to do with the lacquer and it being a pearl colour? Im not 100% but i vaguely remember a bodyshop man telling me it when i got a quote on a few bits done for mine.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've had a few bits done before and never had an issue (even Halfords spray cans aren't a bad match)

172 cup
my iceberg has a few bits which are 'bluer' than the rest of the car, does my head in when washing it then standing back and seeing the differences! luckily they are replaceable panels (passenger skirt, spoiler, bonnet) so hopefully in time should be able to get it looking a bit closer of a match. even went to my local spray shop armed with the colour code for a tin of spray , and they said their system showed 2 iceberg silvers? i told them one must be titanium, but that was on its own further down the page!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yup, mine was such a weird colour of iceberg I gave up and sold it. I had a cup spoiler painted 3 times and it still wasn't close enough for me.

I also had the boot lid done and that wasn't the same although with it being an independent panel it wasn't that noticeable.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Time for a full respray then! ;) I was thinking maybe that solid blue (unsure of the code) you get on the Megane F1's? I think that would look pretty good.