ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iceberg silver 172’s!

Personally, I see too many of them and would be 4th choice for me on the choice of 4 colours IMHO.

That is just my opinion tho, I think the other 3 colours look better.

406 passion wagon..

Blue Mk1s are fewer in number from what I have seen. I wanted an Iceberg silver one, by now have a blue en, only seen one other mk1 172 in blue since I got mine, not even one at the French Car Show!

Silver stays clean thou

Meg on pistonheads £6995

blue MUCH rarer - also unique colour

you can get cheap immitations (dynamiques) in black and silver!

^^ I can say that cos i got one ^^

I think theres more blue ones than silver where I live, only know of one other silver one on the IOW. Silver rocks!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Personally I think they are the best but I am biased ;)

Chap at work had a flame red 172 and that looked really good on sunny days. I never notice black 172s they look like any other black clio.

Also people always comment on how mine looks clean even when I know its dirty.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

on the mk2 172 the iceberg silver has a hint of blue? am i right?

was thinking of black but apparently theyre hard to keep clean and show up stone chips and scratches!!

406 passion wagon..

Quote: Originally posted by eves on 07 September 2004

was thinking of black but apparently theyre hard to keep clean and show up stone chips and scratches!!
There were two Silver varients for the Mk1 Iceberg was the latter colour I beleive. the other silver had a hint of blue in it. The original was Titanium I believe or it maybe the other way round! My blue one is hard to keep clean, but when it is its da bolx

Quote: Originally posted by black kro on 07 September 2004

blue MUCH rarer - also unique colour

you can get cheap immitations (dynamiques) in black and silver!

^^ I can say that cos i got one ^^
The iceburg is nothing like the dynamic silver. Theres such a difference in shade. Renault got the colour spot on!:D

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by eves on 07 September 2004

Yes mate, you really notice it when you park next to other silver cars.

Im kinda glad that when I went to buy mine they only had iceburg if theyd had red as well I dont know which Id have chose.

Nah, dont get silver - the last Clio meet I was at produced 3 Iceberg mk2s and 1 Monaco Blue mk2 (mine!) out of about 8or 9 Clios. Sooooo common!

Glad I got blue (even though sliver was my first choice when I started looking into buying a 172).

i have an iceburg one ,wich is nice!

but isnt silver the most common colour for new cars.(used to be red)
if i was buying again id get a blue one.
blue is best.
:cool:

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Trouble with dark colours is that from a distance its not immediately obvious that its a 172 and hence something special.

With a dark Mk2 I need to be up close and personal to see that the whole lot is colour coded to confirm that its a 172. Even true with Mk1s ... dark blue for example look much more "normal" Clio .. even tho Mk1 front is more different.

So reckon Silver ones and Red ones (and Cups) standout better for being that brighter colour.

VaVa

Iceburg Silver is a fantastic colour. Always looks clean, shows off the lines of the 172 better than black or blue. Looks loads better than any other silver. It is popular, but for good reason!!!

Just because the other colours are rarer it doesnt make them any better. For example, there are thousands of Moonstone 206/306s by me and only a handful of blaze yellow ones (apologies if you dont reconise the colours!)..... does that make the Blaze Yellow a nicer colour and more desireable?? Noooo!!

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 07 September 2004 at 9:42pm]

insignia

I picked silver.It was a choice between silver and black.black looks mean but silver is da bollox and makes it look class

320d M Sport

the mk2 silver isnt the same as the mk1 silver.

the mk1 silver has more of a blue tint, well Rhys did anyway.

reds gotta be the one. stunning!!

TDI tyre shreader

Silver is the best colour, when i was looking for a 172 i was lucky enough to see all the colours parked next to each other and at the time i wanted a black one. After seeing them i decided on silver because the red and blue ones looked too dull and unexciting, the black look dodgy with the plastic front wings as you see a noticeable difference in paint from metal to plastic. So i chose a silver one. and to be honest you cant call it common really because how many ren sports do you see on the roads, i dont see many and the ones that i do are blue! The only silver ones i see knocking around are mine and JPW172 from here. But then again its all down to your own taste at the end day!!

CLIO

yea silver rox as i wouldnt of bought a silver 1 otherwise!!!plus the silver on the 172 is alot different fron the rest of the renault range,alot brighter!!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 11 September 2004

No one could ever accuse eves of not doing his homework/rsearch when he buys a new car;)

haha lol......just needed to be sure!

Cant believe none of the other exclusive owners havent posted yet. Scarab green is stunning and is definately the rarest. only 172 in the country!