ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idea Of Mine - Would Like Feedback

Skoda Fabia vRS

right guys, ive got an idea, ive been thinking of selling oil and possibly other lubricants and fluids, mail order

in particular i would be able to supply Elf products

would anyone be interested in mail order oil ?.........i am sure the prices i could charge would be competitive

too competitive a market mate...

you would need prices of 50% cheaper to get the exposure you need.....otherwise youll have alot of oil stitting around.

FRST and 106 GTi

why dont you ppl (the nearest ones) gather up and buy a huge gallons of oil or even (if possible) fuel?

It would be nice even a meeting for changing oil... 10 cars doing the same oil change at the same time. :)

Skoda Fabia vRS

well, based on early indications, i could sell Elf Semi Synthetic for £4.50 a litre which comes to £18 for 4L, and the usual price of a good semi for 4L is £23-£25......so with postage included it would be a similar price, but you wouldnt have to leave your house to get it

also id be selling by the litre, so you wouldnt have to buy 2 x 4L bottles like usual to do your 16v/Willy, you could just buy 5L

prices based on Elf Competition ST 15W-50 (which was the originally recommended oil for Clios)

Clio v6

Id have mine delivered by Waitrose as I do for weekly shopping, its on their regular list, but I have done 10k miles now and still havent had the need to top up.

Is there any special licence needed for oil/chemical handling and posting etc?

EVO Fast Fleet

"Shock horror. I finally persuaded the little beast to take some oil - just a sip mind". Tony Bailey

Clio v6
  ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Nice idea Brun. The problem is at only £5 off the usual price, people are gonna stick to thier normal supplier. If like Benr says its 50% off you may get alot of interest. If it was a tenner cheaper than normal price i would defonately buy it.

Skoda Fabia vRS

aaronc, let me know what you want, i.e quantity, and ill see what i can do

mbrunskill@blueyonder.co.uk

Clio 172 cup

I buy my oil at my local auto store which is valvoline fully synth for 18 quid for 5 litres, a tad cheaper than what you have to offer, although I do have to buy another litre cos the bloody engine takes 6 litres

Jim

Skoda Fabia vRS

Elf dont do a fully synth 15W-50 mate, only one id suggest in that grade is Silkolene

Elf do do a 10W-50 though if your interested

Skoda Fabia vRS

im almost certain its a 5W-30 and it would be an Elf oil due to there partnership

id recommend a 5W-40 though myself if your givin it some stick

Clio 1.6 16V

Over the past few years I have used nothing else but full synthetic Mobil 1 for my Clios and Audi Coupe S2. My 172 has now done 1100 miles so was planning a "confidence" oil/filter change. Can you supply this cheaper than the normal 27-30 squid for 4L?

Skoda Fabia vRS

cant get mobil one mate, but if you want i could get u a price on an Elf 5W-40 fully synthetic

email me - mailto:mbrunskill@blueyonder.co.uk">mbrunskill@blueyonder.co.uk