ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ideal world, what mods?

Audi Q7, Avalanche
Hi,
with my clio 172 cup project near completion and in the spray booth this week, ive started to look into what mods im going to do to it. Ive already got a k-tec stealth exhaust thanks to our group buy as well as an ITG panel filter. Ive been searching the forum for a few weeks and it seems there is a plethora of opinions as to what are the best mods for your money. Ive already spoke to BenR and ive organised to get the manifold work done when he gets back from Asia (10th jan i think) and i have been toying with the idea of having the ecu remapped using the piggy back system Ben offers. However, having rolling roaded, remapped (and live mapped) previous BMW's and fords i find £500 a bit steep. its not a criticism of Ben's pricing but the actual cost of the unit. Are there any other options? ive looked at group n ecu's but ive not heard good things about them really so im unsure? basically i thought we could put down what mods we think are best with a budget of £1000-1500, based on a standard clio 172 cup (52 reg), k-tec stealth exhaust and an ITG panel filter. im looking for the best £'s-bhp ratio, as spending silly money to get it close to 200bhp isnt really a viable option, id sooner sell my car and buy a skyline or something! lol id also like peoples opinions on what would make a car attractive in terms of 're-sale' value? so id be interested to hear what people have to say?!? ..........................and so it begins!

De-cat. I had mine fitted the other day. I'm well impressed with how much more responsive it feels. Those twin cat's seem to have eaten away a few hp.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
i had my ecu and inlet manifold done at hillpower he has the mapping equipment to modify the standard ecu at a very reasonable price,and does the inlet manifold for about £150 (with new gaskets)he'll also give you a rolling road print out if you want one

Megane225FF
If you're already having the inlet manifold done, get a decat and get an SMT6 put on. You'll be happy with the results - for a while!!

RenaultSport clio
I'd not bother with cams, get a de-cat, inlet done and a remap along with your exhaust/filter should see you around 190 ish hp. It will be as fast as a full fat 200 hp 172.

Lionel Richie
a std car with a 200bhp engine, won't be any quicker round a circuit than a std engined car with coilovers PROPERLY setup with decent brakes

RenaultSport clio
Fred2001Dynamic said:
a std car with a 200bhp engine, won't be any quicker round a circuit than a std engined car with coilovers PROPERLY setup with decent brakes

Will be faster on road though, a "PROPERLY" setup coilovered car will be slower than a Cup with standard suspension down your average UK back road, never mind one with 200 hp.:race:

James said:
Will be faster on road though, a "PROPERLY" setup coilovered car will be slower than a Cup with standard suspension down your average UK back road, never mind one with 200 hp.:race:

you had a toke on a good pipe?