ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ideas and Suggestions for CSF22

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
If things go to plan we are hoping to be able to get back to some normality and start with the organising of CSF2022.

As we have mentioned before, we are limited to the venue due to everything that Blyton allows us to do ie camping, evening entertainmen, alcohol etc etc so venue suggestions aren‘t what we are after.

However if you have any suggestions that are reasonable, workable and most importantly affordable please feel free to post them here.

The Admin team will discuss them and if there are some doable ideas we will 100% consider them.

Lets keep everything crossed that we are in a position to be able to make this happen next year because I‘ve bloody missed these weekends a LOT!

Ron

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
If things go to plan we are hoping to be able to get back to some normality and start with the organising of CSF2022.

As we have mentioned before, we are limited to the venue due to everything that Blyton allows us to do ie camping, evening entertainmen, alcohol etc etc so venue suggestions aren‘t what we are after.

However if you have any suggestions that are reasonable, workable and most importantly affordable please feel free to post them here.

The Admin team will discuss them and if there are some doable ideas we will 100% consider them.

Lets keep everything crossed that we are in a position to be able to make this happen next year because I‘ve bloody missed these weekends a LOT!

Ron

A few serious cars, driven by professionals, giving hot laps to passengers?

Total wipeout style obstacle course, with a prize for fastest time

Multiple fire pits with free wood, to encourage everyone sitting together (not right next to loud music preventing talking etc, different zones)

Free beer.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Multiple fire pits with free wood, to encourage everyone sitting together (not right next to loud music preventing talking etc, different zones)

Free beer.

Yeah I’m not sure the different zones works mate tbh.

We try to encourage everyone to get involved in the social side of being together in the evening rather than having small groups dotted around the campsite.

We had some fire pits outside the main marquee at the last event and the music definitely wasn’t load enough to prevent people talking.

Don’t take this the wrong way Ry but you do always tend to stick in a small group that tends to stay well away from the marquee anyway. And that’s fine too as at the end of the day it’s the members event and if that’s your thing then it’s all good. But we do really want to try and encourage people to come and get involved not spread everyone around the whole site in separate zones.

The other ideas are definitely worth looking at though, especially the wipeout style obstacle course as that could be a great laugh in the evening after a few beers.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

Free beer.

Agree with all the above, not so sure on the professionals bit though - track time is better.

Need something going on in the main part to get more folk involved. Love the sound of an obstacle course!

Maybe a quiz too, or summat

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'd like either a big fire that's big enough to get loads more people around it (obviously we can't have it too big) or smaller little fires that are still together if that makes sense.

What we currently see, is that it gets cold and people want a fire so they go back to their respective areas to keep warm and end up chatting there.

If we could make it so that everyone could relax together in one main bit whilst keeping warm that would work really well. We could even make it into a midnight mass style and everyone brings some food with them to cook and have late night bacon/sausage sandwiches.

That's my take on it (and maybe what ry was getting at too but I'm unsure)

I remember the first csf I went to and we had a really good sized one at the end. The one where I met @Gus for the first time. That was decent enough to keep everyone out for a decent amount of time! Think we were looking to order pizza at 5am or something silly 😂

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'd like either a big fire that's big enough to get loads more people around it (obviously we can't have it too big) or smaller little fires that are still together if that makes sense.

What we currently see, is that it gets cold and people want a fire so they go back to their respective areas to keep warm and end up chatting there.

If we could make it so that everyone could relax together in one main bit whilst keeping warm that would work really well. We could even make it into a midnight mass style and everyone brings some food with them to cook and have late night bacon/sausage sandwiches.

That's my take on it (and maybe what ry was getting at too but I'm unsure)

I remember the first csf I went to and we had a really good sized one at the end. The one where I met @Gus for the first time. That was decent enough to keep everyone out for a decent amount of time! Think we were looking to order pizza at 5am or something silly 😂
Was the the year we stashed away a load of the bread rolls 🤣

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Yeah I’m not sure the different zones works mate tbh.

We try to encourage everyone to get involved in the social side of being together in the evening rather than having small groups dotted around the campsite.

We had some fire pits outside the main marquee at the last event and the music definitely wasn’t load enough to prevent people talking.

Don’t take this the wrong way Ry but you do always tend to stick in a small group that tends to stay well away from the marquee anyway. And that’s fine too as at the end of the day it’s the members event and if that’s your thing then it’s all good. But we do really want to try and encourage people to come and get involved not spread everyone around the whole site in separate zones.

The other ideas are definitely worth looking at though, especially the wipeout style obstacle course as that could be a great laugh in the evening after a few beers.

I meant have circa 10 fire pits over by the Marquee so everyone can mingle (and can be closer/further from music as needed), not the other end of the field. Means everyone would be over that side and not by the tents

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The wood fired pizzas were deffo the best food we have had so far.

In my opinion of course.

I know the queues were long but was a worthwhile wait and had a laugh chatting to folk in the queue as well.

Other than that though I've not got much else to suggest.

Oh ye, table top jenga was great before.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Would a little goody bag be worth a shout of some description?

My brother makes them for his social/charity thing they run
When they di the zoom meeting's etc they all have the same drinks and a few snacks all the same (like a proper butchers sausage roll or pork pie etc)

Could have a non alcohol option maybe etc

Just a thought.

Something we could get everyone to gather and enjoy during the raffle or something

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
A mixologist cocktail bar, i've seen them at outdoor events and they come with their own booze licence, I remember you said a bar isn't an option because of licencing issues, that's if they haven't all gone out of business because of lockdown.