ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ideas for my Renault Clio mk2 campus 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Renault Clio Campus
Purchased myself a Renault Clio mk2 campus 06 from a local garage with 6 months warranty and 37k miles done on it, it's a 1.2 and is my first car I'm looking for any suggestions that won't be costing me much to get it looking that much nicer below is listed mods I've done so far

Front Angel headlights
Sportex exhaust system 3"
Interior dab Sony radio

Thankyou

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.8 KB · Views: 305
  Renault Clio Campus
Any suggestions con? I am a newbie really all to this stuff as recently a new driver so first car as a mk2 as love the look of them ideally making the car look as good as it can

What are you looking for? A sport rep or just to make your own mark?

I would say focus on stuff that ain't going to affect your insurance premium. So stereo would be where I'd be beginning

Renault Clio Campus
Yeh ideally keeping away from insurance being boosted, got myself a standard radio system just so I can use Bluetooth etc looks great in the car

Yeh ideally keeping away from insurance being boosted, got myself a standard radio system just so I can use Bluetooth etc looks great in the car
Ok so stereo, speakers , sub and amp world be my first port of call. Then I'd have a look for a set of Renault alloys if your car hasn't got any.

I'm going to sound like an old man here but decent rubber. If you want to go faster and stay on the road. This I's the most important mod. There's a you tube video with Clarkson testing tyres on a 172 and it shows how much difference there is between budget and premium tyres

Renault Clio Campus
Ok so stereo, speakers , sub and amp world be my first port of call. Then I'd have a look for a set of Renault alloys if your car hasn't got any.

I'm going to sound like an old man here but decent rubber. If you want to go faster and stay on the road. This I's the most important mod. There's a you tube video with Clarkson testing tyres on a 172 and it shows how much difference there is between budget and premium tyres
Thankyou for that con, yeh also ideally looking at making it a sport replica currently - would rather get the exterior worked on and to a nice standard the work on the interior

Thankyou for that con, yeh also ideally looking at making it a sport replica currently - would rather get the exterior worked on and to a nice standard the work on the interior
You will have to declare the exterior changes for your insurance. You might though get away with a sports half leather interior though.

Renault Clio Campus
You will have to declare the exterior changes for your insurance. You might though get away with a sports half leather interior though.
Thanks again con, would you have any links in mind for this sports interior? Thankyou very much again

No be your is a mk2 phase 2. 172 & 182 are the sports models. Shells though are the same. Your looking for an interior like this

74edfce737760d062a14884655345834.jpg

Renault Clio Campus
No be your is a mk2 phase 2. 172 & 182 are the sports models. Shells though are the same. Your looking for an interior like this

74edfce737760d062a14884655345834.jpg
Oh right you are cheers, I've seen people getting sport spoilers for there cars on a campus, it's very interesting and I'm intrigued on getting mine looking abit more attractive

Renault Clio Campus
Matey a good stereo and a bit of leather will get the girls flocking. believe me!

Spoiler wise the cup or v6 spoiler is what you want
Okay, so I've just purchased a 172 gear knob - I was trying to find some smoked side repeaters but didn't find any for my phase 2 mk2 as you called it, any other little purchases I should make do you think?

Renault Clio Campus
No idea in regards to the gear knob, in regards to the exhaust it's a performance it's just giving it a touch of tone

Listerine & Poledo
1) Angel eyes were banned in the early 2000's
2) Massive exhaust on a 1.2 litre Clio? Have a word with yourself there fella. Firstly it just sounds like a really damp fart, and now it's like farting throug a megaphone. There'll be no finger-bangs for you, but I'm guessing you're too young to understand the concept of social embarrassment.
3) Headunit, subwoofer. Thats all you need for your stereo upgrade. Unless you want to start adding amplifiers for speakers, but now you're opening up a whole new world of a job. Seriously, the stock speakers will get you by, and youll save a good few hundred quid (which you can the put towards the below)
4) 172 alloys, with good, branded tyres
5) Full 172 interior

6) Stop right there

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Might need an aerial upgrade if you go DAB, depends on how well the stock one receives the signal and what the signal strength is like in your area too.

Whats the problem with your gear knob?
If it's just the numbers have rub off the plastic middle bit you can buy those bits off eBay for cheap.

Renault Clio Campus
Managed to get a replacement insert yeh, in regards to the DAB aerial that's actually been supplied with the radio

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Just going to throw a spanner in the works here...

There's no point in modifying your car if you want other people's suggestions. For every mod there's an argument against it. and that arguments probably based on such statements as "it's gay", "just buy a better car" or (the real reason) "That seriously affects the resale value"

Listerine & Poledo
Also, you forget
"Why bother, just save your money and get something better, later"
Which is totally true, but ignored

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Leave it standard, keep it clean.

twitch your filth in to birds in the back.

It's what first cars are for.

oh and bitches love hand brake turns = Proper moist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.