ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ideas West Mids Xmas meet.

*Dynamique & RIP 172
Ok Guys and girls.

We seem to have lost interest in having the west mids meet so me being me thought I would find out if you wanted a xmas meet. I have got a few ideas but feel it should be you guys to give us input. As every time Donny has put a thread up it has seem to have gone pear shaped.

I am aware peeps move on etc and money is tight but we can still meet up and have a laugh. If we are looking at a sit down meal or anything like that we will have to book really soon but without the help from you all, we will not be able to make this happen.

So come on you West mids lot lets end 2009 with a good meet.

Thanks for reading

Mandy:approve:

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
I really am not sure! Ive not been to a meet yet, although have met a couple of peeps off here. Somthing simple, and maybe in the day light as Im very much into seeing all your cars! Rather than their sillouette :)

RS 200
A good simple meal somewhere would be good, and seeing as its been a while since we have all seen each other would be good to just sit down and have a natter. Maybe somewhere central to most people, Bentley Bridge Wolvo??

A good simple meal somewhere would be good, and seeing as its been a while since we have all seen each other would be good to just sit down and have a natter. Maybe somewhere central to most people, Bentley Bridge Wolvo??

This tbh. Been too long since the last meet.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Go karting tbh

Not a chance, as the last one turned to poo! Not enough interest.

I really am not sure! Ive not been to a meet yet, although have met a couple of peeps off here. Somthing simple, and maybe in the day light as Im very much into seeing all your cars! Rather than their sillouette :)

Cheers for the suggestion :)

Sounds like a plan Chris :D

This tbh. Been too long since the last meet.

Not from the want of organising. We've tried to organise a couple...there was the one at Cosford where only myself and Chris turned up!!!

Hence why Mandy has explained and asked for input...not criticism. :)

But Thanks for noticing the thread.

Sorry Donny wasnt meant in the way I think you have taken it.

I am a big supporter of this reigion and try and get to as many of the meets as I can, even things like the go karting where I'll come along even if for whatever reason I wont be taking part.

Just unfortunately with me working 6 days a week it is difficult for me to attend as many meets as I would like.

My comment was simply that I think Chris' comment is the best idea for this meet, and that imo its been too long since there was a big West Mids meet. Never was my post intended to lay blame for that.

ibiza cupra
how about star city? they always seem to get a few people there and its quite a simple day out so no stress on anyone to spend if they cant afford it.

120d M Sport
Bentley Bridge is a decent shout. The car park there is huge and the Nickolodeon pub serves reasonable grub (2 for 1 iirc)

If people really are feeling the pinch come Xmas time though, why not just a car park meet as simple as it sounds...i.e. Bassets Pole or the likes...

Clio 172 Cup
I am definately up for attending some sort of meet before christmas. I have been to one and for one reason or another haven't been to one since ha ha.

I think anything that really does put any financial strains on anyone (with Crimbo in mind) ....keep it nice and simple and i am sure people will make the effort!!

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
I'm up for anything, haven't been to a meet yet so as long as I'm not at work/lectures I'll be there!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I`m with everyone else,make it a weekend thing.saturday or better still sunday and i`ll attend.Hav`nt had a meet either big or anyone on here yet so any sort of get together is fine by me.I look forward to seeing you all and chatting,.

*Dynamique & RIP 172
Thanks so far for the input guys very grateful.

I understand money is tight and also xmas partys are coming up. If you would like to have a sit down and chat which could be good due the bad weather. We would need an idea of numbers and what day don't forget it's 6 weeks till xmas . Saturdays are peeps shopping days so as soon as you let me know a day and best time. we can have a mini meet for all those oldies and young bucks to attend.

Other than that i will get the ball rolling but wont do a date yet but will try and cater for all.

1 Mandy Bentley bridge Sunday around 12

Gives you an idea.

Thanks for reading

Mandy

*Dynamique & RIP 172
Well said and yes it would be good to see you:rasp:

I am definately up for attending some sort of meet before christmas. I have been to one and for one reason or another haven't been to one since ha ha.

I think anything that really does put any financial strains on anyone (with Crimbo in mind) ....keep it nice and simple and i am sure people will make the effort!!

As always need a date and time before I can confirm. Can't really b much help suggesting days ad lots of events etc on at the moment.