ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idle control Valve 172

TRACK CAR BREAKING
hello, i have a ph2 172, and today, i had it booked in to be rolling roaded, and on the way to work, the idle control valve (i think) packed up and it was revving itsef up to 2-3k, then on the way home/to the rolling road, it went into limp mode, i had 2 flick the key twice because i was about to join the motorway but its home now and hasent hit limp mode again.

i took off the upper inlet and had a clean around the throttle body and took out all the sensors i could see but still no luck, i believe the idle control valve is dead, but my question is, where is it!?

i am have looked in all the obvious places, but cant find it, anyone got a photo?

i have seen on the web there a small black plastic thing with a plug attachment, but i couldnt see it when i was searching

thanks in advance

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It doesn't have an iacv mate... Will most likely be a leak in the inlet track.

Mick
Diamond Motors

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Sounds more like early failure of the throttle body to me. I've seen a couple do exactly that recently