ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle control Valve 172

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
hello, i have a ph2 172, and today, i had it booked in to be rolling roaded, and on the way to work, the idle control valve (i think) packed up and it was revving itsef up to 2-3k, then on the way home/to the rolling road, it went into limp mode, i had 2 flick the key twice because i was about to join the motorway but its home now and hasent hit limp mode again.

i took off the upper inlet and had a clean around the throttle body and took out all the sensors i could see but still no luck, i believe the idle control valve is dead, but my question is, where is it!?

i am have looked in all the obvious places, but cant find it, anyone got a photo?

i have seen on the web there a small black plastic thing with a plug attachment, but i couldnt see it when i was searching

thanks in advance

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It doesn't have an iacv mate... Will most likely be a leak in the inlet track.

Mick
Diamond Motors

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Sounds more like early failure of the throttle body to me. I've seen a couple do exactly that recently