ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If I remove the ABS, is there an ABS ECU I can remove to stop the lights on the dash?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
After fixing my abs for my MOT, my last track day was horrible as the ABS removed all braking confidence.

I pulled the ABS fuse which I didn't realise disabled the EBD but I didn't die and put in some good times.

Now I'd like to remove the ABS full stop but don't want the ABS and Sevice lights on permanently.

Is there an ABS ECU I can remove following removal of the pump etc to stop the lights coming on?

Re: If I remove the ABS, is there an ABS ECU I can remove to stop the lights on the d

the reality is , on the road the abs is gonna save you more times than not , it should not interfere with road driving at all .

just pull the fuse on track days .

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Re: If I remove the ABS, is there an ABS ECU I can remove to stop the lights on the d

the reality is , on the road the abs is gonna save you more times than not , it should not interfere with road driving at all .

just pull the fuse on track days .

It's purely a track car Harv other than being driven to and from the track which is the only reason it has an MOT.

I can buy all of the parts required for £35, I just need to know how to tackle the ABS light.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects

Can't it be disabled with Clip/RStuner module?

Lionel Richie

i just cut the wire and wired it to the oil pressure light LOL, that way it comes on when you turn the ignition on which i think is an MOT requirment (even if its removed!)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

i just cut the wire and wired it to the oil pressure light LOL, that way it comes on when you turn the ignition on which i think is an MOT requirment (even if its removed!)

Good call Federico. What about the service light, will that be on if I remove the pump and ECU?

Lionel Richie

black tape behind the clock mask fixes that ;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

black tape behind the clock mask fixes that ;)

LOL. If it works it works.

I was hoping there may be a fix but I haven't found anything that suggests there is yet.