ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had to choose one or the other for your clio?

Clio 182 RB
Which of these modifications would you choose to have done over the other for pound for pound driver experience.

1.Fully polybush every mount, the lot.

2. Or a PMS Shifter and only a couple of polybush upgrades.

Also if you do think 2 what couple of mounts would you do?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Depends on what the car is being used for. You'll notice a difference instantly by refreshing all the bushes over 15 year old ones. End up being more confident pushing.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
1. If you’re using it as a road car, freshen it up and make it as it should be, could be worth refreshing the other suspension components too?

2. If you’re dabbling with track days. I don’t see the point of the PMS shifter for a daily personally as it’s too noisy.

Clio 182 RB
It's a 182,I'm not sure how old a lot are as I've only had the car a few months and it wasn't exactly comprehensive the history that came with it, I'm fairly sure an engine or gearbox mount is warn.

And yes it's literally only going to go to one or two track days a year, mostly for the odd B-road blasts.

Thanks guys that pretty much answers it.

Clio 182 RB
Polybush. Ive not used a pms shifter and im sure its great but it looks awful.
Looks aside I already struggle with the seat position, its to high I'm 6'2" and thought it would help a bit.
I really don't drive it enough to get to fed up with the seating position.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
For a road car I'd go for fresh bushes. They make a huge difference. Plus a PhilipM version of the lower engine mount and as many parts of Yanoo's shift kit as budget allows. Then take a look at the suspension and top mounts.
After that then tryres, brake pads, discs, all the fluids and any remedial servicing. Plus some rust proofing, espcially on the rear beam.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Gearbox feel is one of the cars downsides. If the bushes are decent then I'd fit the PMS. Seats can be lowered quite easily. My standard seats are probably a little too low now.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I polybushed everything on mine with black series, solid top mounts and solid engine mounts. Can honestly say I drove my standard 182 and it felt like driving a bowl of jelly

Even a refresh with a mix of OEM and purple bushes here and there is better than leaving old ones in. Did the same on my daily Megane and that feels 100x better than before