ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition issues

clio 182
Hi Guys,
Just put my car through service at my local garage, same guy done my car since i bought it back on 05.
The vehicle had now done 57,000 and abit. The mechanic changed put a new set of plugs in. This is my 3rd set of plugs now, after havin ignition problems before. I've had new leads, 3 sets of Plugs and a new coil pack. The mechanic told me 1 the ceramic on 1 of the plugs was cracked and probably being archin out down the plug. I am slgihtly worried that my car seems to be chewing up plugs like i do roast dinners!
Any ideas guys or anyone with similar issues.
cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So its had x3 sets of plugs in 57k.... that's a touch much IMO as a proper set of Champion plugs should last 72k

Assuming the correct plugs have been used and that there's nothing obviously wrong with the leads I'd say compression test the lump and come back with the readings.

Mick

clio 182
Hi Mick,
Thanks for you reply to my thread. Will have to wait and see if and when my garage can do it. Don't have the tools to do somwthing like that.
Thanks

clio 182
hi Mick,
Spoke to the mechanic that does all the work on my vehicle. mentioned the plugs problem and he said about overheating? that i should keep an eye on it. Not an easy thing to do on the 182 really.
What do you think?
thanks