ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition problems

Clio Biarritz, mk1 1998
my mk1 clio, has a tempermental starting problem, when i try to turn it on it sometimes it starts sometimes it doesnt, its not the battery or the spark plugs, i changed them, sometimes it sparks, sometimes it doesnt. could it be the distributer or the coil? the car is very good condition apart from this! help me, thanks, david

Clio MK2 (1.2)
check to see if the Earth on the Starter motor is on properly.. mine did this and a m8t slipped it on fully, havent had problems since then.

Clio Biarritz, mk1 1998
as regards to the mk1 iginition problem: the starter is turning over, but the plugs dont spark, even with new plugs, is it possibly the distributer/coil?
Thanks so much for your help.

Renault Clio Dynamique
im having the same problem too, i sometimes have to try several time to start it up, but once iv started it up once i can start it up almost everytime whilst staying still...but after a car journey it doesnt start up repeating the whole process :mad: