ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iHelp

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Having trouble with my 4s, up until now it's been great but now safari is playing up.

Basically i will open up safari and say I'm browsing cs on there it will load the "new searches" screen fine. If I then click on a threadit will start to load the page for a split second then where the address of the next page appears below the address bar it just turns to "untitled" and stops doing anything. Hit refresh does the same. It will eventually work after a few refreshes but this is obviously less than ideal!

So I thought a back up and restore would do the job but I can't even do that. Plug phone in, click back up and restore and my pc will download the software. First attempt it failed about 70% through, second time it failed at about 40% third attempt it downloaded the lot and I backed the phone up but it didn't wipe and restore it because of some error.

I think my pc is a bit shite tbh so that may be an issue but the error is a networking error so that says o me it's my Internet, but there's nothing wrong with that. And it also says unplug the phone and try again so is the network issue an issue with the phone?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ok now im up s**t creek, ive backed the phone up and it downloaded the new softwear and wiped the phone only now it wont reload the new software onto the phone.

im getting errors 14 and 21 from itunes which are...

[h=3]Error 13, 14, 35 and 50 (or -50)[/h] These errors are typically resolved by performing one or more of the steps listed below:
  1. Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including trying a different USB port directly on the computer. See the advanced steps below for USB troubleshooting.
  2. Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
  3. Try a different USB 30-pin dock-connector cable.
  4. Eliminate third-party security software conflicts.
  5. There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting one or more TcpWindowSize entries into your registry. Your default packet size being set incorrectly can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet-size modification for assistance. Or, follow this article by Microsoft: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to reset the packet size back to the default for Windows.
  6. Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
  7. Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.

[h=3]Error 20, 21, 23, 26, 28, 29, 34, 37[/h] These errors typically occur when security software interferes with the restore and update process. Follow Troubleshooting security software issues to resolve this issue. In rare cases, these errors may be a hardware issue. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

any help? would be greatful as i kinda need my phone.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
looks like thats the only option.

gonna try restore it from my laptop now to see if that works, if not its a trip to cardiff :(

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Restore it. Set it up as a new device. DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Once it's activated, you should have a blank phone as if it's brand new. Test it. See if you can use it fine. If problems persists on blank phone, book a bar appointment. If you experience no problems, sync all your data over thru iTunes/iCloud. Done.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It won't restore mate. Have come down my mates now to see if he can sort it if not its still under warrantee so I guess a trip to Cardiff for a new one may be in order if it's not fixable

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
got it working again last night. my mates laptop done it (suggests my laptop and pc are fooked!) but he had to put it in and out of DFU mode but managed to get it back again.

i did restore it via icloud to the 20th of this month and its working ok now so ill give it a week or so to see if i still get trouble with safari and if i do ill take it to apple to sort because im having trouble with signal sometimes too.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
In that case, just an FYI, do a sim swap before you book a genius bar appointment as they will suggest it and if you haven't done that, it will be a wasted journey.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
What's a sim swap?

Or is it a stupid question lol. Will I have to get hold of Vodafone for a new sim?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
A sim swap is simply just getting a new sim from your network and swapping your phone number onto it. So yes, Vodafone would be a good bet. Alternatively, a Carphone Whorehouse or Phones4u will also offer to do it too.