ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IK for the 182? viper, Hillpower,itg?

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
At the moment ive got a green cotton open cone filter fitted, (bloody huge thing! one off by bbperformance tuning)

It looks and sounds ace but can suffer from heat soak on a hot day seems to be at slower speeds too.

Pic,
lankhols030.jpg

Anyway which would you guys say is my best option?

Piper cross viper with caf

Hillpower enclosed kit

Or the maxogen itg i know this is probably the best but they are hard to come by and dont really fancy paying near £400 for one!

Im open to other suggestions ofcourse,

Paul.

Keep green filter relicate battery aqquire some 70mm silicon elbow and feed a straight feed over to where the battery is max gains that way too.

172 Race Car
Move the battery to the boot, relocate your ecu and move the filter away from the radiator.

Cheep solution.

edit: beaten to it

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
Dam that was quick!

So you both think the filter good enough just badly placed?

What gauge wire do i need to move the battery on my old turbo it was huge! and a pain to do.

172 Race Car
Like this............

IMAGE_565.jpg

IMAGE_564.jpg

Im Still running the stock phse1 airbox atm but room made and plans afoot.

I just bought standard batter wire and used a BMW underbonnet jump point to wire it all up. That way i can still jumpstart from under the bonnet

I would hazard a guess at either 4 or maybe even 2 gauge but burp would know hes good with stuff like that

Yeah theres no point spending silly money on an induction kit when you still have the biggest problem which the the bend in the induction route many people dont do it because they think its tacky or whatever but its deffo the way forward

Ps whats the car running for 220hp?

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
I would hazard a guess at either 4 or maybe even 2 gauge but burp would know hes good with stuff like that

Yeah theres no point spending silly money on an induction kit when you still have the biggest problem which the the bend in the induction route many people dont do it because they think its tacky or whatever but its deffo the way forward

Ps whats the car running for 220hp?

It was bbs demo car the list of mods on there add was,

Engine fully rebuilt with balanced crankshaft and flywheel, weight matched forged H beam connecting rods. Block rebored and fitted with high compression forged weight matched pistons.
Self learning ECU Latest software,
Cylinder head and inlet manifold gasflowed, high lift performance camshafts.
All assembled with new bearings, seals, gaskets, uprated cambelt, new tensioner and idler bearings also uprated clutch fitted.
Power slot brake discs all round with uprated brake pads and braided brake lines.
Custom made large bore one off stainless steel exhaust with de-cat pipe.
Koni adjustable damping front and rear shocks 40mm apex springs.
Poly uprated anti-roll bar bushes.
One off airfilter with induction trumpet.
Custom remap, rev limt set to 7.800 RPM and will produce 220 BHP at the flywheel.

They said the last rr they did it was 211hp (the video is on there site) Since then its had a new reflash and the high comp pistons,

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
^^ Mate if your ever over this way drop me a pm if you fancy doing it for me;)

To be honest i want it done but dont fancy taking it on myself,

172 Race Car
Maybe, I kind of decided i wasnt going to do anyone else's car again after i had a nightmare with some coilovers the other day. Was still dicking around at 9:30pm. This might be simple enuff tho

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
Maybe, I kind of decided i wasnt going to do anyone else's car again after i had a nightmare with some coilovers the other day. Was still dicking around at 9:30pm. This might be simple enuff tho

Cool let me know if you fancy it bud,

Sweet project thread you have by the way.