ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Illumination dimmer feed

Just fitted my new stereo (Alpine MP3) and Im absolutely chuffed with it. Only slight problem is the display is massively bright and very distracting at night.

The stereo has an input for an illumination dimmer lead which becomes switched when the headlights are turned on. Has anyone found this on the 172? I havent got a multimeter to start playing with but presume someone else has found this out?

Most modern aftermarket units tend to have this feature so hopefully one of you might know!

Cheers.

i found this interesting. i fitted my pioneer 7400 to my clio. and all i did was attach the iso connector and plug in an aerial adapter. yet when i turn my lights on the screen dims. so the dimmer wire must be in the iso connector.

Thanks John. Ill have a play around with the connector next time I get a chance. Its a dash out job for me to get the stereo out now!

hi guys
you dont say if your car came with tape or cd front loader original but if it came with cd its the green wire with redish tracer to it in the iso plug but the radio must be iso compate .hope this helps
tim