ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm a CS Sheep and now have coloured wheels.

Si

RS Clio 172
Yer. So 2118s are more common than a Kerry Katona show on ITV2 so I've popped them off for the time being and I are currently rocking douchebag stylee coloured OZ F1s. The main idea with these is to keep them for track wheels but as I've just bought a flat I cant afford a track day. Silly me.

Bought the wheels from Edewer a while ago (ages ago if i'm honest) and have spent months re-furbing and painting them myself. I think they were once on Rob's ph1?

DSC_0069-1.jpg

4 were un-marked but one had a nasty gouge out of it. So I had it welded up and got friendly with my file and some filler...

Before:

DSC_0076-1.jpg

After:

DSC_0010-2.jpg

It's not perfect but as it's the 5th of the set I'm just going to use it as a spare. I've painted it black. The other 4 are now red. Like so...

cliotrio1.jpg

cliotrio2.jpg

cliotrio3.jpg

It's rather lovely having the R888s back on. Never appreciated the difference in grip when I first had them fitted. Still a little bit of life in them.

Hope you like! 2118s will be back on after a through clean-up.

And yes, that's warren's old ph1. Now owned by my rather lovely friend Stu.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My poor wheels, you wouldn't believe the trouble making one of those to match caused me, and you just went and painted it red!!!

I joke, anyway, good job mate, they look brilliant. :)

Si

RS Clio 172
Thanks bud :)

Did you buy a 5th when one got damaged? I saw one looked like it was originally black whereas the others were silver.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks bud :)

Did you buy a 5th when one got damaged? I saw one looked like it was originally black whereas the others were silver.

History of the wheels:

Got four wheels like this off of Daniel (on the car), and then I had an altercation with a kerb and someone who couldn't drive.

I sourced the fifth wheel, it was silver, but I've got mad skills with the paint y0, so I created the other one.

Painting the lip was a real pig, but they turned out ok in the end.

I thought the smashed wheel was irreparable, I'm shocked you managed it TBH! I only let it go with the set as it made a good spare.

Nice work though, considered some blue viynl to go on, match the paint? ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
I'm not quite sure what viynl is but I'm interested to hear your ideas. :p

One of them was totally black. Assumed it was bought that way.

Pics of the repair in progress if you're interested:

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_00602.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Poor final pic but you can just about make out where the lip is still slightly thicker around where it was welded.

b5683fb7.jpg

It'll never be perfect as the whole area is slightly deformed.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Are you sure the all black isn't where I sprayed it all over??

The repair - Holy f**k, was it worth it for what is a £40 wheel? Mental! (But I admire the commitment)

It's really nice to see these used though, you could go with some stickers from Ady, like the red ones that were on there, but in blue ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
Ahhh! I see your point! They were a b*****d to get off. haha.

I know what you mean, I like a project though. Very rare I actually get my hands dirty these days.

It might be from where it sprayed over I guess, looked like a fairly even coverage though.

Si

RS Clio 172
Could do with centre caps also. I don't mind not having them on the 2118s but these need them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They clash with the Monacoooo! :(

I miss the heavy wheels... ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
Appreciate they're not to everyone's taste but in the future they will be for track only. It's nice to have a decent period of time to clean the 2118s up too, rather than rush through it in part of a day.

As for the colour. Revels did photoshops of many many colours. Only Bright green and orange came close, maybe purple. Wasn't too sure about those though as they clash with the rear lights. I feel red works best.

Si

RS Clio 172
I did think of that... but just woould have made painting more annoying and prob more expensive.

I love Lamp
You've done a great job on that refurb to be honest, you wouldn't notice unless it was pointed out. The red must look class when going round a track.

Si

RS Clio 172
<3 you guys.

Cwissy - The OZs? I might do. See how the house move goes.