ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm about to go mental, why won't this undo.

2004 182FF
I'm trying to get the fuel rail cover off, I've got the middle one to undo fine, the 10mm deep socket fits ok fine, but the left nut won't behave, I can't get the socket to go onto it no matter what.

I did a YouTube video just cause it's easier than explaining, the first it the okay one, second is the bugger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dj5Jh_PX5U

BMW M135i
Theres no real knack to it just keep trying, a normal socket with a short extension is a better length than a deep socket I find as the deep socket comes about flush with the guard whereas the normal socket and extension protudes enough to get your fingers on you.

And oh yeah its pissing itself as you ;).

2004 182FF
It's the first time I've taken the engine cover off and had a proper look round. Found some interesting things.

Thank you Renault dealer who did the belts for remembering to do this back up:

photo.JPG

And what the hell is missing from here? There's a thread for something!

photo.JPG

2004 182FF
Empty thread is where the engine cover top lefthand bolt screws into.

The two back ones go into holes either side of the coil pack, this is separate...

I've tried WD40 but the problem is actually getting the socket onto the nut! It won't grip in anything.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You need to try and give the socket a tap with a hammer to get it to sit over the nut nice, otherwise it will keep on slipping and then you will end up rounding the nut off.

Clio 172
Is there even a nut in that one? There isn't on mine, just make sure to loosen the 10mm bolts that hold the upper inlet manifold on, they hold the fuel rail guard on at the same time;)

BMW M135i
The two back ones go into holes either side of the coil pack, this is separate...

I've tried WD40 but the problem is actually getting the socket onto the nut! It won't grip in anything.
Get a small mirror in there and look up the hole, silly as it sound i've had one where someone had but the nut on backwards so the hex head was engine side so just got it off by the grace of god. Who knows who/how/why it was that way round!

Ok i'm getting confused then, might just be unused then someone whos still got a 1*2 will have to have a look and tell you on that one as I haven't got any pictures showing that area. Doesn't look to be anything missing from memory. There are still two holding the cam bearing race in yes? There should be two bolts either side of that hole.

Megane dci 130
Get a small mirror in there and look up the hole, silly as it sound i've had one where someone had but the nut on backwards so the hex head was engine side so just got it off by the grace of god. Who knows who/how/why it was that way round!

You say that, Iv had two like that also! Had to undo it with a magnet.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

You say that, Iv had two like that also! Had to undo it with a magnet.

I've had to deal with one of these too. But fortunately it was loose so a big dob of blu-tac on the end of a socket managed to get it out.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Might have a 13mm hex on it instead of a 10, k4m uses 13s
this sounds about right you know. if you look closer you might see that the two nuts look different in size. the thread on which they are screwed onto also looks different. try as above i'm sure you'll get it out