ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im after 250 hp, and sourcing my own kit.

I could not find the other thread on turbo conversions and no one has mentioned this setup before. So as it goes Im intrested in the Engine Dynamics kit, especially in this deal http://www.engine-dynamics.com/epage...urbo Assembly"

seems verry, even too cheap for everything you get with a turbo that pushes ''320'', the usual ''buy cheap buy twice'' comes to mind, should i avoid it?

Can anyone advise me on this setup please? I will be sourcing the rest of the parts myself, just wondering if the turbo can push a safe 250hp? as the full turbo conversion they are offering says upto 230hp and 205tlbs.

can my standard ECU be mapped for this setup successfully to 250hp?

Am i right in needing the following parts if i sorced the rest myself and wanted to achive 250hp

Megane 225 injectors (blue label?)
intercooler
intercooler pipe work
suitable airfilter
spark plugs (turbo type?)​

Yozz'd up 182
From reading other things, i think the turbo is a cheap thing.

Lowlife had a similar thread and everybody suggested the GT28rs turbo.

You will want a new ecu too do it properly. Gen90 or EC1 i would imagine would be up to it.

Why not put a meggy lump in it like Andy on here did. Probably cheaper.

Trophy Turbo :)
Its not going to be cheap!!! get the parts and them you will need more parts. this is what yoU WILL NEED

1) A Turbo Manifold
2) Turbo
3) Custom or aftermarket Down Pipe
4) Mapped ECU, Using the Renault one ISNT the best option IMO, to much time for mapping.
5) if you go standalone you will need a Cable Throttle and Pedal and Body
6) Injectors from the megane or BIGGER
7) MAP Sensor from a Turbo car
8) Intercooler and Pipe Work
9) Oil Retuen Drilled into your engine
10 ) Oil Feed Kit for turbo
11) CustoM Water Pipes to the turbo.

Mapping and a bigger 2.5" exhaust at least. your still talking on the cheap talking £3000 wand be unreliable at power to do a good job. The GT28RS is the turbo to go for but again stock Engine = Waste of a good turbo, you will have to run small boost and whats the point..

I had a buyer for my car who has just pissed me round so if it doesnt sell in 7 says i WILL pull it all out and sell on Ebay :) so keep you updated.

if you want a ride out in a 300hp 345lbs Clio pop up ;)

Andy

Its not going to be cheap!!! get the parts and them you will need more parts. this is what yoU WILL NEED

1) A Turbo Manifold
2) Turbo
3) Custom or aftermarket Down Pipe
4) Mapped ECU, Using the Renault one ISNT the best option IMO, to much time for mapping.
5) if you go standalone you will need a Cable Throttle and Pedal and Body
6) Injectors from the megane or BIGGER
7) MAP Sensor from a Turbo car
8) Intercooler and Pipe Work
9) Oil Retuen Drilled into your engine
10 ) Oil Feed Kit for turbo
11) CustoM Water Pipes to the turbo.

Mapping and a bigger 2.5" exhaust at least. your still talking on the cheap talking £3000 wand be unreliable at power to do a good job. The GT28RS is the turbo to go for but again stock Engine = Waste of a good turbo, you will have to run small boost and whats the point..

I had a buyer for my car who has just pissed me round so if it doesnt sell in 7 says i WILL pull it all out and sell on Ebay :) so keep you updated.

if you want a ride out in a 300hp 345lbs Clio pop up ;)

Andy

Im deffinatley intrested in just buying your setup and running gear to go with it, I pmd Owen earlier about going down the f4rt route. Going down the forged route and getting everything togeher myself I can see it becoming very expensive and very quickly at that.

As the story goes id like to run your setup in my cup excet im abit skint due to paying for everything else this month, but we'll see what i can work out mate. Il be deffo more than happy to pop up yours to have a ride out in it. I know itl end up making me kick myself even more if i dont stump up the cash as mentioned in the pm for it.