ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm always amazed by this.

E46 320CD
Great video

I've been on the back of an R1 around silverstone with Keith amor when I worked at Dunlop.

I s**t many bricks.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
IIRC one of the retired bikers was on tv last night.

He was the one with the ten stone sack.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Proper racing. I've always been about car racing, but as a spectator sport it lacks the excitement of bikes. I'd race bikes if I had the balls in a heart beat!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They've got bigger balls than I have..

This and Moto GP etc makes F1 look a bit lame tbh.

Modified petrol tank to make room for their huge balls.

Without doubt the most exciting motorsport event in the world.

Makes the nurburgring look like a boring safe featureless track with loads of run off and room for error.

Mad that the day before this picture people were on the same road going shopping or to school etc

ku-medium.jpg

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Several fatalities there pretty much every year, although more so from members of the public on mad sunday than the racers TBH!
True, usually one competitor a year regardless though. North West 200 is nuts as well! One of the lads hit 208mph down the high street there a while back.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I should have bin going this year I was gutted i missed it defo going next year!!! Total mad men.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
True, usually one competitor a year regardless though. North West 200 is nuts as well! One of the lads hit 208mph down the high street there a while back.

In 2005, 9 people died, in 2006 the event ran as usual, its the last place in the modern world that health and safety has been told to just f*ck right off completely, and if a load of grown men want to do something dangerous, they can take responsibility for their own actions and do so.

I do wonder how much longer it can carry on that way though. Will be a REAL tragedy when the event dies, even more so than when competitors do IMHO.

208mph is mental, even the midfield guys though are doing 190mph only a few inches from walls etc.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Several fatalities there pretty much every year, although more so from members of the public on mad sunday than the racers TBH!

Yeh I remember reading something about that not long ago, guess it's a risk you have to take.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeh I remember reading something about that not long ago, guess it's a risk you have to take.

They are starting to crack down a bit on the mad sundays I believe, which is probably for the best, but the event itself needs to stay as it is!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It does make great entertaining tv and keeps you hooked!

I dont know how I have managed to never actually go, every year that I see it on TV I promise myself I must go soon, and never get round to it.

Will be gutted if it does get stopped before I get to personally see it!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I dont know how I have managed to never actually go, every year that I see it on TV I promise myself I must go soon, and never get round to it.

Will be gutted if it does get stopped before I get to personally see it!
I really want to go. Tickets aren't the problem the ferry is! If you want to take your bike with you! The Ferry for next year has already sold out I'm told.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I really want to go. Tickets aren't the problem the ferry is! If you want to take your bike with you! The Ferry for next year has already sold out I'm told.

Also finding somewhere to stand thats worthwhile when you get there, again all the best places are prebooked ages in advance, even the bottom of people's gardens etc.

Cup In bits
Thats not true about Ferry's, you will easily get a ferry over especially this time of year it has just been ran, they will draft in more Ferrys if they are struggling, booking accommodation is another thing as people usually return to the same place yearly that's why your easiest camping and its better too if weather stays off.

Their some boys though coming down through Braehill first lap on stone cold tyres pinned approaching 190mph

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thats not true about Ferry's, you will easily get a ferry over especially this time of year it has just been ran, they will draft in more Ferrys if they are struggling, booking accommodation is another thing as people usually return to the same place yearly that's why your easiest camping and its better too if weather stays off.

Their some boys though coming down through Braehill first lap on stone cold tyres pinned approaching 190mph

Not arguing this but where? as me & my misses dad & a few of my mates (all bikers) have had no luck at all with Ferries?

Cup In bits
Not arguing this but where? as me & my misses dad & a few of my mates (all bikers) have had no luck at all with Ferries?

I'll ask my friends if I remember as a good few groups of them go over yearly. Iirc when I looked there was only one way to buy them a bit like ticketmaster sort of idea where they have the rights to it and can include camping and parking etc. Make a few phone calls and I guarantee you'll get something this early on.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I'll ask my friends if I remember as a good few groups of them go over yearly. Iirc when I looked there was only one way to buy them a bit like ticketmaster sort of idea where they have the rights to it and can include camping and parking etc. Make a few phone calls and I guarantee you'll get something this early on.

I'll have another look, I did hear that the ferries had sold out though and they don't tend to run more because of traffic on the island. But if you can get some more info on that I'll love you forever.

Cup In bits
I just quickly googled it and there was at least 3 firms from what I looked at offering packages including trace and camping.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
As a TT Marshall I can confirm they're nuts. Good bunch and always happy to talk in paddock. Only a couple full of themselves but the main boys are all top friendly chaps.

Wouldn't have wanted to bump into guy Martin this year though.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Ive got all respect with these guys, one of which lives a few miles away (Paul Owen - Hes on TT Closer to the Edge) and i will get over to watch and experience it one day.

There are 2 non bikers I also have respect for doing laps round there and they are Tony Pond and Mark Higgins.
In 1990 Tony lapped it at an average of 100mph in a Rover 827 Vitesse, a publicity stunt for Rover at the time in a relatively standard car (except for tyres, brake pads, seat and harness, cage and louder exhaust)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NEskpWsMkI

In 2011 Mark lapped it at an average of 115mph in a Subaru Impreza, including hell of a tank slapper on Bray Hill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BpLQWINmh4

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
This is one of my favourite video's of the TT/irish 200 road race.Have a look at some of the overtaking and how close they get.Also 180mph+ in the rain must be quite iteresting...

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If I turned up to race the TT (which lets face it wont happen!) and it rained, I would be going STRAIGHT home. lol

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
My claim to fame is that I have jumped Ballaugh Bridge on my bike - well it was really a bunny hop and it was a mountain bike, the opposite way to the bikers too. That part of the course is on the Isle of Man End to End Mountain bike race which I did in 2011. Closest I will ever get to riding a bike round the TT course!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
These guys are f**king amazing.

I've always liked bikes, ever since being young but my mother will throw me out if I get a bike, hence getting into cars. I will have one someday, I'll probably last about an hour after purchase though.