ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm back, 11 years later with a different Clio & country!

Jaeclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hey CS team
11 years ago I lived in the UK with a supercharged 182, now I'm living in New Zealand and recently acquired this 2001 P1 172 with 90k miles as a second/toy car. (CS member since 2013)

It's in fairly good shape but needs some TLC, pleased it's fairly original and unmolested though. A lot of work planned so will likely create a project post for it.

Absolutely love driving this thing, glad to be back amongst it & hope everyone is well :)

Regards

Image (29).jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Can't be many ph1 in new Zealand?
Looks good that why did you move out bet you not missing uk one bit!🤣

What's plans for car?

Jaeclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Can't be many ph1 in new Zealand?
Looks good that why did you move out bet you not missing uk one bit!🤣

What's plans for car?
Hey Davo! Hope you’re well

Not many at all mate, officially there is 53 x 2001 Renault clios (all engines) in New Zealand. That doesn’t take into account colour and engines either.

There is a bit of a complex about European cars over here, “they are too expensive to repair” so everything is Japanese. This p1 is NZ new which is great

Plan is to essentially make it a super clean oem 172. New steering wheel, wheel refurb, paint some bits (bonnet, mirrors, bonnet) for the short term

Was offered a job, thought it would be a 2-3 year stint and never returned. Availability of car parts is the only thing I’m missing! Haha..

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpeg
    IMG_0959.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 36

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hey Davo! Hope you’re well

Not many at all mate, officially there is 53 x 2001 Renault clios (all engines) in New Zealand. That doesn’t take into account colour and engines either.

There is a bit of a complex about European cars over here, “they are too expensive to repair” so everything is Japanese. This p1 is NZ new which is great

Plan is to essentially make it a super clean oem 172. New steering wheel, wheel refurb, paint some bits (bonnet, mirrors, bonnet) for the short term

Was offered a job, thought it would be a 2-3 year stint and never returned. Availability of car parts is the only thing I’m missing! Haha..

Nice mate!

Good thanks 👍

What job do you do?
How is the economy in NZ atm? Is it similar system to get in than OZ?

Jaeclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Clios on NZ open roads must be great.

Where abouts in Auckland are you? I stayed with family in Manurewa years ago.

There are plenty, also motorcycle so can vouch for that

East, 13km & 20m drive from Manurewa. Hope you had a class time in nz? :)

Jaeclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Nice mate!

Good thanks 👍

What job do you do?
How is the economy in NZ atm? Is it similar system to get in than OZ?
Like most countries I reckon mate,

Inflation is high, mortgage rates have doubled in 5 years, insurances going up + all the political nonsense.. but, it’s a beautiful place, majority of people are kind, crime rate is lower and the weather is superior to my old home (Weston Super Mare haha!)

Believe it or not, retail. Was a store manager for booker/makro and applied for a store manager job here. I do different work now tho

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Like most countries I reckon mate,

Inflation is high, mortgage rates have doubled in 5 years, insurances going up + all the political nonsense.. but, it’s a beautiful place, majority of people are kind, crime rate is lower and the weather is superior to my old home (Weston Super Mare haha!)

Believe it or not, retail. Was a store manager for booker/makro and applied for a store manager job here. I do different work now tho
Was speaking to my Aunt the other week. They have two bars / restaurants in Nelson and she says the last few years have been horrendous business wise, since covid.

They are just about staying afloat.

clio v6 phase 2
I live in provincial NZ (all my life, basically). Got a couple of Airbnb's and converse with overseas travelers often. They all say how beautiful the place is and 80% of them also comment on how expensive it is (it is!). We are a pretty low wage economy, and that coupled with really expensive goods and services WILL - imo - lead to social unrest in the medium / long term. Governments here do not seem overly worries by it, and seem ok with us becoming a 'have, and have-not' society. Pretty sure our incoming tourists don't really see that part of our 'beautiful' country.........