ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm more than annoyed

Renault Clio 1.2
im saving hard for a 182, and just had the MOT on my 1.2 clio which is a 53 reg. its come back from a service, then an MOT, the cambelt has been replaced and then i was told the battery will need replacing. now financially thats a piss-take for me, i really want my new car and this is just holding me back. arrr

Renault Clio 1.2
na screw using renault, they would over dew me even more. to ensure the MOT was done properly i had my local garage have a service on it, then it went for the mot, no failures, it was all good, but that alone is a fair few wads of cash and then the cambelt needed changing, its at 60k now but the mechanic told me i needed a new battery soon, so thats next month annoying event

MK 2 MR2 Turbo
It's ok im having a nightmare at the moment trying to get My MR2 turbo MOT'd so i can put it up for sale for a 172!
MOT was monday picked up a flat on the way to the MOT centre . just got back from quick fit and their cheapest budget tyre was £80! i can get a toyo t1r for 65!
Thinking about never having a car and having to worry about cambelts and other consumables!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
at that mileage some parts of the car will coming to the end of their life span and will need replacing. costly i know.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So did you ask the garage to carry out the timing belt or did they just do it?

And how can he tell if the battery need replaced?

Renault Clio 1.2
he uses a computer to allow him to justify whether any parts are going. the cambelt needed to be changed at 60 k anyway, and i want to sell the car come march/april so those no point leaving it. its just the fact that its all happening at once. a real dent in my 182 savings!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well when you find youself in the position to buy one make sure the belts done on the 182, as most if not all will be due