ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac 21.5 Inch £1,225 model

182 Cup Racing Blue
IMac 21.5 inch £1225 model with upgraded memory and graphics card.

I am going to buy this model tonight, I was going to buy the Macbook pro 13inch, but feel you get much more for your money with an IMac.

So any views on this 21.5 model?????? anyone on here own this model, I do know this model was changed slightly in October 2009, getting 15% off because I have student friend...good times!

182 Cup Racing Blue
I think 21.5 is ok for a bedroom which is where it is going to live...and after student discount it works out at £1042. I don't want to spend anymore than that! 21.5 inch screen is fine......13inch for £1249 is just too much I think.....even if it does have a lit keyboard :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They look very small mate, that's all.

I'm used to my 27 now and it doesn't seem big anymore. Sigh.

Clio DCi 65
Yeah seen the 21" at Costco a couple of times and it just doesn't look satisfactory.

Go for the 24/27" - you'll regret it otherwise.

LY 182
I think 21.5 is ok for a bedroom which is where it is going to live...and after student discount it works out at £1042. I don't want to spend anymore than that! 21.5 inch screen is fine......13inch for £1249 is just too much I think.....even if it does have a lit keyboard :)

I got the base spec 13" @ £999 less 15% so £849. It's awesome. Nice and compact too.

I don't have a problem with the 21.5" I have on my desk at work - if its a desk/office scenario its fine

If its in your bedroom and your playing some movies and stuff on it though - get the 27". It's p**n.

182 Cup Racing Blue
If you buy a Macbook pro you can only get 15% student discount
If you buy an IMac you can only get 12% student discount

Apple...I hate you are your apple rules.

Tangoed Works
when you get the 21.5 home it is more than big enough if you use it for work stuff at a desk. My miss has the 21.5 with upgraded graphics card. Even watching movies its the tits and you can also run a secondary monitor if you really need to do big things. she uses fcp and it is more than adequate.

german
Thought I'd add onto this thread rather than start another. I'm looking at getting an I-Mac later this week :cool:. Despite wanting a 27inch it is not going to happen unfortunately :dapprove:. Anyway, is it worth upgrading the processor to the I5 and/or doubling the RAM? Will it make a discernible difference to performance?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I did. I was set on the 27" from the start, but thought the i5 was ok.

When I actually weighed it up, I decided on the i7. And upgraded the RAM to 8GB.

It's silly quick.

german
I don't doubt that an i7 with upgraded RAM is sexual, but I'm considering upgrading to an i5 from an i3 - it's the difference I was trying to understand.

german
No fast in relation to things like Christopher's beast i meant.
Should I be leaving it in sleep mode most of the time, or shutting down?
Will load up SC2 tonight and see how that runs, haven't played a non console game for 10 years, roll on 6pm.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No fast in relation to things like Christopher's beast i meant.
Should I be leaving it in sleep mode most of the time, or shutting down?
Will load up SC2 tonight and see how that runs, haven't played a non console game for 10 years, roll on 6pm.

TBH dude, for the basic stuff, there's probably f*ck all difference between yours and mine.

My 2008 24" Core2 Duo iMac I had, did browsing/emails/p**n just as well as my 27" i7.

For what you need, it's perfect.

I only went for the Behemoth, because I'm using software that's pretty hard on my old machine.