ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMessage problem?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Is there anyway to remove yourself from a group conversation in iMessage? Gets very annoying when people are chatting to each other and you no longer wanna be in it, phone beeping all the time. Can't seem to remove myself, tried deleting the conversation but it just comes back!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
No. Of course you can't.

That's like trying to stop someone emailing/texting you.

Ask them to remove you?

Whys it like stopping someone txting you? I just want out the conversation, just like you can remove yourself from conversations in Whatsapp. People can still contact you separately, but your just not receiving a million replies from everyone in the conversation every 5 seconds. Seems like a feature which needs adding to me.

I've turned iMessage off, was nothing but a hasstle...

Wouldnt send messages for 15-20 mins even with wifi connection, loads of people I know are having the same issues....

Its for the poor anyway, just have a contract where you have inlimited messgaes...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It works perfectly. Never had an issue in the 3 months i've been using it.

Reason why your question is daft;

Say you sent an email to 3 people and they all keep replying back to each other. How do you stop people sending you emails?

Think about it.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
It works perfectly. Never had an issue in the 3 months i've been using it.

Reason why your question is daft;

Say you sent an email to 3 people and they all keep replying back to each other. How do you stop people sending you emails?

Think about it.

Different situation as I would have started the conversation. I haven't willingly joined or started the conversation, I've just been added to it. My point is, Whatsapp and every other IM service allows you to remove yourself from conversations you've been added to.

What if a friend creates a group iMessage between 20 people and adds you by mistake? Your then stuck receiving messages from 20 people until the end of time as theres no way for the creator or the participant to remove people.

For you it does ;)

Me and alot of people I know, are having issues with it.

Not sending, despite having 3g/wifi then 15 mins later sending as a sms/green message.

Got annoying waiting ages for replys etc so turn the thing off.

Unlimited txts FTW

Both parties need to have Wifi/3G.

I've sent loads of iMessages with no issues. I did send one last night, and it waited for a few mins, then sent as a text, because my mate was on the road with no signal.

Bus w**ker
iMessage is nothing but flawless for me. Even when I'm stuck in Sarfend with nothing but f**king Edge it still allows me to send abuse to AK without reverting to text, which is impressive as it's only meant to work on 3G or WiFi.

Only problem I have had is through user error when I had it set to automatically send as text if iMessage failed (which includes it taken too long), changed the option and boom no more getting stung for sending picture messages.

It can be a little delayed at times, but then it is bouncing off god knows how many nodes getting too and from Apple's Data Center.

DB.

BMW 440i
This did annoy me tbh when me and 2 mates were in a conv, and i couldn't be bothered to be involved so told them to do it privately lol

Audi S1
I agree. It would be handy to remove yourself from group chats. Like how MSN used to work when you had group chats.

I don't know why people are thinking that you're an idiot for thinking that...

DB.

BMW 440i
They obviously don't mind being involved or like it.

Im an anti social c*nt, so don't want to read a load of s**t.