ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser at fault??

Clio RSi, 5GT Turbo.
Can anyone help me to get around my clio immobiliser? car is an 1600 RSi 2001, the fault is as follows: insert key in ignition turn to all dashboard lights on, immobiliser light flashes rapidly, engine turns over but will not fire. Separate key halves remove the circuit board and hold against black receiver around ignition barrel and turn key on ond off between 3 and 20 times immobiliser will disarm and vehicle will start.

This is beginning to irritate, is there a bridge that can be made that will permanently disarm the immobiliser so I don't have to go to Renault to get new keys/receiver/ecu?

Please??

Thanks in advance!!

clio 172
i had the same problem on my 172 only way i could get it to disarm was to hold the lock button on the key fob whilst turning ignition on that worked for a while don't no why but it did, i just bought a used matched ecu keys uch and decoder ring off ebay for £80 (cheaper than new key) and its fine now took hour to fit all plug and play