ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser fault! :(

Mk2 ph2 clio
Evening guys! I know you've probably heard this a thousand times but here goes...
I've got a 2002 mk2 clio, only had it a week or so and its been fine. I swapped the radio over tonight and now it won't start. When I put the new radio in the interior light etc went out so I found a popped fuse and sorted that. I'm guessing it had something to do with the bare wires behind the radio? o_O anyway I've taped those up :) but now the immobiliser light is on permanently when I switch the ignition on or try to crank the engine. Do I just need to reprogram the key? Is it a broken wire? Any suggestions are appreciated :')

renault clio 1.4 16v
the light should be on solid when cranking, that means its disarmed, if its flashing then its armed... are there any other lights on the dash that shouldnt be there? have you checked all the other fuses as well or just the radio one, there is another fuse and relay box in the engine bay that you may also want to check...

Mk2 ph2 clio
I went through and checked all the other fuses in both boxes and they were fine. If I switch the ignition on and wait a few seconds, when I go to crank it the centre display light dims and it doesn't even try to start. But if I just put the key in and go to crank it straight away it will crank for a few seconds and then stop. I'll double check the dash lights before I go to work.

renault clio 1.4 16v
sounds like a battery issue, how old is your battery? they seem to only last 2 years now days... also check your earth straps, and the lines running to the starter, give them all a clean...

Mk2 ph2 clio
I had a look through an old post and found that I had two choices;
1. Fix it with fire
2. Wiggle everything in the fuse box
Found that it was a badly corroded relay so I cleaned it up and dowsed it all in WD-40 and now it starts! :D thanks for the help :)

Mk2 ph2 clio
Haha yeah I've got some spares now and a tin of WD40 for just incase :') little car has never missed a beat since I had that problem :)