ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser problem?

172 cup
I've got a 172 Cup :(

the car has not been used for 3 weeks... I left it unlocked with the alarm and immobiliser off

got back to it yesterday and tried to start it, but it would not start. The immobiliser light was flashing slowly even though I'd left the car unlocked. When I turn the key (tried both keys with same results) it turns over for a couple of seconds and then cuts out. the immobiliser light keeps flashing slowly (in the centre of the dash) and will not go out

what can be wrong folks?

172cup
Did you test your battery as a fooked battery won't hold a good charge and fooked battery with mess around with the immobiliser

172 cup
I'll check the fuses, do you mean the ones in the engine bay? Cheers

I've put a battery pack/jump starter on it that is used for lorries, it has a switchable 24v/12v output, and it was still the same on the 12v

172 cup
I rang Renault yesterday and explained the problem

They said it sounds like the battery has run down far enough for the immobiliser to detect a fault in the system and has come on, the requires clearing with a fault code reader because disconnecting the battery will not clear the fault code... Does this sound correct? They said they will need to recover it and connect it up to the internet????? To clear it because they dont use fault code readers anymore!

Volvo S60 T5
What a load of crap !!!

Try disconnecting uch connectors under glove box and then reconnect them.
otherwise its probably a faulty key or wiring issue.

172 cup
Tried all of those with no luck

I've booked it in to Renault...I'm going to squirt some KY jelly up my are so it doesn't hurt too much when they bend me over

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Did you check the fuses in the passenger side of the dash as this has all the makings of a coded line fuse going pop (it's either a 2A or a 5A)

172 cup
No mate, I removed the cover and looked on the back of it at the fuse diagram and could not see a fuse that looked like it was for the immobiliser so didn't start taking them out to check them

Is one of them for the immobiliser?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the two labelled UCH and the one with the Doors diagram (as the UCH also takes a feed from this)... I'd also check the one with a key but in truth check them all!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
But a decoder ring wouldn't stop the power coming on when the key is turned to the energised position.

I still say its a fuse

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Have you tryed holding the button on the key fob in as you put it into the ignition and start the car?