ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser reciever

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
My immobilser is currently deciding when and if i can drive my car.

I know how to get to it, but is it possible for me to change the bit that recieves the signal from the key, around the ignition? As i believe this is the problem by reading other posts on here.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Sorry, its a 2002 ph2, 1.2 Brian.

Also would the battery be causing this (voltage dropping too low to activate all circuits?), because when i go to restart after a short time it's fine, yet when ever i come out of work, or in the morning, it tends to play up.

as far as i know the battery is the original.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
If its the original battery, its done well at 5 years old.

I have found that a lot of the electronic modules are very voltage conscious, so that could well be your problem.

Stick the battery on a slow charge overnight, and see if it starts first time in the morning.

You can get a battery checked at LSUK, (used to be Lucas,) they have a good electronic test box and will do it for free normally.