ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser ring on ignition barrel.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Bit of a pickle of a problem yesterday evening with the Trackday Trophy.

It was running perfectly fine, drove it out of the unit so I could pull all of my tools and shelving apart for a big tidy up and throw away what wasn't needed, reversed back in a few hours later all with no dramas atall.
once parked up I thought I'd whip the steering cowling off just to look at the wiring as I have a plan for the future to relocate the wiring so the key/steering lock won't be required... I unplugged the coil around the ignition barrel just to see how it's locked into place, slid it off the barrel and merely had a few minute look at it, slipped it back into place and reconnected the plug, and from then on the car won't start.
cranks over for about 5 seconds and just purely dies, doesn't even attempt to fire.

battery was then disconnected (cut off switch) for half hour while I made a cuppa, dunks a few biscuits and made a call to the misses about dinner plans for the eve, my thinking being it may need to fully drain its memory and reset itself, but upon reconnection it's still the same.

cant believe it, I've had that car in pieces over the past few months, new engine and box fitted, deleted PAS and many other bits, and the car fired first time and ran like a dream, but seems this one coil on the ignition barrel has completely stumped the car from being operative again.

any simple methods to over come this?

in an ideal world I'd like to remove this immobiliser anyhow, if anyone has done it successfully, please point me in the right direction.

​Cheers :)