ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser wont deactivate

1.2 16v
had a problem in a carpark sat night, came back and engine wont start. the immobiliser light wont go out when you turn key in ignition.

i have rang renault and it is booked in for thursday but is there anything atall i can do in the meantime to try and get it started. the car is now at my house and i have tried the spare keys.

also, why would the key suddenly not code correctly for the immobiliser?

any help appreciated, thanks.

CB600FS
Could be a few things I'd say it'd be the ring decoder more than anything they're common, not too expensive aswell which is good.

1.2 16v
no cant be new key, i have used both sets, must be an immobiliser fault, i have heard that water can affect their function, however is there anything i can do to get it started as i need it 2moz????

no cant be new key, i have used both sets, must be an immobiliser fault, i have heard that water can affect their function, however is there anything i can do to get it started as i need it 2moz????

Keep fiddling with the rign try both keys in the area etc.,

A new deterter ring as Tom said is the most likly common fault.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
on this subject, how expensive is it to change it ?? inc garage to fit ? as mine has finaly give up, since monday now :(

Clio Sport 172
Having same prob with my 172. Booked in to Renalut tomorrow....£65 just to put it on diag!!!!!

If it is the ring decoder, can I change this myself?
does it have to be set up on the renault computer?

If it is the ring decoder, can I change this myself?
does it have to be set up on the renault computer?

£65 might sonds a lot but the cost of the computer and software make they realise its not that badly priced.

Think about it say half an hour work from unpackign the machine to packing it up then the machine is £5k. With no updated software.

Easy enough to chn age the ring straight swop it is.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
You wanna hope it's not the key like mine was, I just had to buy one. £92 for the plastic part, £16 for the blade and £38 for coding