ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser

Renault Clio Dynamique
Hello there!
Always know where to come if i have a little 'issue' thats suddenly crept up on me- to you helpful people!!

Ive read so much about everyones immobilisers killing their beloved clios and ive recently noticed that my immobiliser has started working over time. In the couple of years i have had it (52 plate dynamique), it has always flashed with about a 2/3 second pause once ive locked the car and the centre console light has gone off.
However, it flashes with hardly a pause between each flash. Is it dying? I cannot be doing with it killing my engine sort of thing, so i thought, ask before it breaks?! cautious, i know!

please shed some light on this, why on earth has it suddenly decided to work on over drive!:dapprove:

Sounds normal to me.

Only time it caused me a problem was when the battery was on its way out and it used to activate the immobiliser.

Renault Clio Dynamique
thanks for getting back to me. Il keep my fingers crossed, just thought it was odd. And i hope its nothing to do with a battery, the car died well and truely in tescos car park in the freezing december weather- luckily, Kwik Fit was just across the road and i got a new battery.
Thanks again.:eek:

Nah mine does it once it's locked up and I know that feeling of standing freezing whilst the car refuses to start!