ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Imobiliser constantly on - fault code scanner

mx5
Right, I have played with a lot of things today but after plugging a snap on solus in I am getting a reading that the immobiler is constantly on, the key, either key, will not turn it off.

I am not getting a light on at all on the dash, I know the imobilser is on due to the fact I am not getting a spark or fuel into the engine and the reader says so.

What is the next step, uch fuse is fine, getting 12v in and out of the fuse. Dropped the uch down to have a look but really can't see anything obvious.

I understand the ecu controlls the imobiliser and the uch has some sort of input.

The key that was working that I had dropped previously was starting the car, now it simply isnt.

Where to go next?

Sorry for spelling, typing on my phone and I hate it.

Thanks

Rixh

Tried a reset? Hold in the button on the end of the right hand stalk when you turn the ignition to II, all the dials should start to increment up and down and the lcd display will all come on a different times. This worked for me, reset the immobiliser, when my immobiliser stuck on.

Though that was in a Clio - just noticed you've an mx 5.

mx5
Hi

Thanks for the reply, not sure why it says I have an MX5 thought I updated that.

SO in the end i bought a second hand ecu, uch, key and immobiliser halo. This sorted the problem and it started up first time.

It then conked out again after a few minutes of driving, thought I might have messed up the ecu again, turns out i must have disloged the TDC sensor when rooting around looking for the problem after it conked out again.

I am going to try and fit the old ecu and see if that sorts the problem, as I can then sell or send back the other ecu that I wouldn't need.

Did the idea of holding the button work? The immobiliser just would not disengage.

Thanks

Rich