ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

import 182’s

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

are there any significant differences, seen u can get them with cup pack so is there anything missing? like alarm?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Yeh they are missing lots of stuff.Even locking wheel nuts

If you shop around enough you can find uk registered ones with cup packs for the same price

ian

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

oh so the new ones i saw at 11,695 were uk sourced!, just presumed they were imports as they were so cheap.

so looking second hand wise all the ones with cup pack are uk cars? correct?

Quote: Originally posted by ian 182 on 20 February 2005

If you shop around enough you can find uk registered ones with cup packs for the same price

ian
Unless you are including the Cup packs I would say this is a slight exaggeration. IIRC Missing - locking wheel nuts, etched glass, alarm possibly that AA membership thing. No big deal IMO

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by MikeGG on 20 February 2005

ian
Unless you are including the Cup packs I would say this is a slight exaggeration. IIRC Missing - locking wheel nuts, etched glass, alarm possibly that AA membership thing. No big deal IMO
No big deal??? In my expericance u need that AA membership he he ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 20 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by MikeGG on 20 February 2005

ian
No big deal??? In my expericance u need that AA membership he he ;)
Lol! I have never needed any breakdown membership but now I have said that I just know its gonna happen!!! Trying to get a trip to the Nurburgring sorted this summer aswell. Must admit I dont fancy driving cross Europe with no breakdown cover and no spare wheel!!!!! ;-)

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 20 February 2005
You cannot get Cup suspension on imports, its a UK only thing.

This isnt true, my car is an import and it has cup chassis and cup spoilers.

Its missing the alarm, locking wheels nuts and AA - not too bothered about that since a set of McGard Ultra (5/5 stars in Evo mag since they guy couldnt get them off at all) costs £35 and i have free breakdown cover anyway.

tiTTy & SV650

Do you not lose out on the 3 year warranty when you buy an import? Is it a standard 12 or 24 month warranty in europe?

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

nah my car was made in holland, ive got a EU certificate of conformity.

when i asked thyey never even mentioned any of the points in that letter above.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 20 February 2005

You cannot get Cup suspension on imports, its a UK only thing.
oh, didnt know that, barkers of preston have imports with cup suspension ????, how that then

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Noblelima on 20 February 2005

They are ALL imports... they all come from the same factory!
yes but the term import refers here to the fact that theyve been sourced from a non uk source...

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 20 February 2005Quote: Originally posted by edde on 20 February 2005You cannot get Cup suspension on imports, its a UK only thing.oh, didnt know that, barkers of preston have imports with cup suspension ????, how that then

you CAN get imports with cup chassis/spoilers, i have one

Additionally, ive had two lots of warranty work done without any problem at all; not even the question of "is this an import". It was just done and very promptly too.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i just want to know whan looking for a second hand one if theres gonna be a difference in spec in anyway cos that will lower the price i presume.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 20 February 2005

i just want to know whan looking for a second hand one if theres gonna be a difference in spec in anyway cos that will lower the price i presume.
best look at the paperwork, Itd seem theres no cut and dried give aways. Depends on where the vehicle was sourced from. Id expect to pay less for an import than a UK sourced car anyway.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i seen a black one 10,000 miles with cup packs and was uk car for £10,499

if this was an import could i get it for 10k or are we just talking a couple of hundred quid off ?

tiTTy & SV650

Id look to pay £10k max for a 2nd hand import. But Im biased cause Id want to sell me UK 182 for £11k lol

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 20 February 2005
nah my car was made in holland, ive got a EU certificate of conformity.when i asked thyey never even mentioned any of the points in that letter above.

"Made" in Holland or sourced from Holland?

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

well how can you tell? all the booklets are in french, english, dutch, german and italian

the EU certificate of conformity is stamped in holland , all the tags for the keys are in dutch. what do u reckon

172 Cup

As all Clios are made in France its not made in Holland just sourced from a dealer over there.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

clios are made i several counties tho?? there was a post only last week where james posted a pdf to show production levels in each country.

tiTTy & SV650

182s are all made in France, by Renault Sport in Dieppe I believe... Thus theyre different from standard Renault built Clios

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 20 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 20 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by edde on 20 February 2005You cannot get Cup suspension on imports, its a UK only thing.
oh, didnt know that, barkers of preston have imports with cup suspension ????, how that then

you CAN get imports with cup chassis/spoilers, i have one

Additionally, ive had two lots of warranty work done without any problem at all; not even the question of "is this an import". It was just done and very promptly too.

lol, i know you can get imports with cup packs, i was being a little sarcastic :p