ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Import : yes or no ? help on stuff to check pls

ant

yep.
why would the re-sale price on a private sale be lower for an import?

you dont tell them. as a buyer its their job to find out.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ hmmmm technically i dont think you can do that;)

Once the warranty has expired, as long as its an EU import i think the values are pratically identical.

DynamiqueDebz said:
My Clio is an import (comes from Germany) . It was NEW when I bought her and I paid almost 2k less than dealer prices. It only came with 2 years RENAULT warranty, but I paid for another year. Which was ok.
You can get ther thrird years warently from Renault for free just tell them its a EU import and they will sort it out.

As for parts find a similar ages car of the same spec and note its registration but delaers can find out part number if they try if they know there car codes.

Nomad said:
The funny thing is the import Clio Cup 172 has abs, air-con and leathers, so it had more spec then the uk spec, which ultimately defeated the object of the cup for me...
There no imports for the Cup the Cup sold on the continet was called the Raangette or something like that it is different as it doesn't even have a rear wiper to save weight and cost inside I think air con wasd more popular and there again were some silvers but thats it.

The only ay it could be an import is if its LHD and has the same stuff as a Cup.

172 Exclusive... For Sale
edde said:
There no imports for the Cup the Cup sold on the continet was called the Raangette or something like that it is different as it doesn't even have a rear wiper to save weight and cost inside I think air con wasd more popular and there again were some silvers but thats it.

The only ay it could be an import is if its LHD and has the same stuff as a Cup.

Its cool i didn't buy it anyway, as i say it was suspect with the colour being that dark blue anyway...

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Mines an import and i dont see any difference really, it hasn't got a trip computer, you dont buy a sport if your gonna look at your mpg all the time do you. It doesn't have a silver surround over the dials but it does have white needles. and a Cat1 alarm, Thats all ive found drifferent anyway

The issue with imports is the attitude the dealers take...example a lower px £ than a UK supplied car. I have owned a import and had no problems, except when I tried to PX it at the dealers.....s**t price, so sold it privately:)

Dealers don't like imports because they eat in to their profits, as well as the monoply they hold for their particular car make. IIRC Subaru tried to fight imports in the high court a few years ago, on the back of a precident case Levi jeans won with regard to grey imports devalueing the brand name.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
I imported my V6 with no problems.

Well, I tell a lie.......I bought it form a dealer who had already imported it and put it through its UK MOT......

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Oh and Elephant didn't charge anything extra for it being LHD......contrary to popular belief.