ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impotant Cup Question

I just bought an Alpine head unit.

Do i need a special adapter for the display screen to work, i have been told i need one otherwise the display screen wont work. If i dont buy one the controls on the right hand side (volume control and changing stations) wont function.

Have you lot purchased this specail adapter to fit your systems in, if so how much did it cost you and where did you purchase it from.

Thank you

K20 EG Hatch

well, what my local bass junkies said is you need to different adaptor leads one is £45 and one £10. With these the joystick controls will work again!However, they said they have never used one on a clio but the display may work or may not! I stil;l still int got the leads but am planning on gettin em!But knowin my look the display wont work!

Let me know how you get on if you get em.

i can assure you that the display will not work, well it hasnt in the 15+ cars ive fitted them to

plus i wouldnt trust a word bass junkies say anyway

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I just said that!

I have actually had this fitted to my car!

(thanks bam bam)

K20 EG Hatch

ok so if i want to use my stork controls im not fussed on the display! do i need both cables or just the one, really confused now!miss the strok controls!

I have a 9812rb head unit.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

You display will still retain the temprature reading and clock, but you will loose track/radio information.

An adapter will allow you to use your stalk controller next to the steering wheel.