ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impressed with 1.6 performance

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
PMSL at some of this lol

There's no replacement for displacement ;)

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
thats why my 1.8 turbo eats the likes of 2.5 turbo focus ST's...
what you got it running at andy?

well it RR'd at 260/260 but since then has had a full service and smoothed airbox with a green cotton filter so would like to think that has free'd a few more horses!

Service has made it give me 4mpg more!!! woohoo!

It's pretty much even with my mates Volvo T5 running 305bhp, although i seem to get a lot more wheelspin than him as i have a bigger turbo!! I logged the boost at about 20psi using Vag-Com.

VaVa
thats why my 1.8 turbo eats the likes of 2.5 turbo focus ST's...

Were talking N/A here chap....

And not modded lol

I stayed level with my mates missus's 1.6 from the lights - After changing at 5k in first lol.

They're not slow as such, but my 172 is considerably quicker in every way. But then it would be because it's a more powerful car lol.

Can't really see the point of this thread tbh?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R

And not modded lol

I stayed level with my mates missus's 1.6 from the lights - After changing at 5k in first lol.

They're not slow as such, but my 172 is considerably quicker in every way. But then it would be because it's a more powerful car lol.

thread said, impressed with 1.6 performance

then it turned into 1.6 vs 2.0 thread for some gay reason.

306 GTI-6

Was going to say this myself. I think it boils down to some of the 1*2 owners not liking the fact that someone is perfectly happy with the performance they get from a non-RS Clio.

Not everyone wants/needs/can afford an RS Clio, and I dont think its right that the moment someone says they think their 1.* is good, they get bombarded with "Yeah, but my 1*2 is much better" etc etc, "blah de Blah".

clio 03 1.6 16v
some people are taking this threat way to serious, all the chap said was he was impressed with his car and he felt it would compare to another, fair enough the cs has lots more power we all know this! but why try bring a guy down about his car simply because you have one thats faster? you never know he could take u out in a race n he is the better driver.. its just the way it is!
on that note... im told i need a new clutch.. lol

Rusty Cup
Maybe j.a.m.e.s knows his 1.6 isnt gunna break any records but he just wants to provoke a response.. and by the looks of things he HAS lol.

Still def a pointless thread... i can understand the mentality tho, my flatmate bought a £3k impreza n thinks anything he drives past is S**T even know its held together with no more nails :D

VaVa
And not modded lol

He said he couldn't tell much difference between his mates 182 and his 1.6. So hardly surprising a 1.6 v's 2.0 thread started really is it?

Went out today with a few pals one who owned a 182 now i have 110bhp and he has 182bhp (obviously) but we wer having a bit of a play and i couldnt see much in it tbh...

Yozza'd Titanium 182
As it was me who opened this thread can i just say...

Rofl
Lmao
Lol
Pmsl
Haha

I just found out that christophers 2.0l is a replica.... 1.4

Problem solved - rofl ;)

Shed.

And not modded lol

saying that the comparason between the two ISNT ALL THAT MUCH, yes the bloody 182 is afster but we all know that, but the 1.6 isnt that bad, like i said, when i was in Rob's 172 at the time with that guy with the 1.6 besides us, the 1.6 wasnt that much slower, i didnt have to squint to see the blur of a car which i was going past, and yea, i was impressed and said the same thing to rob at the time !

Hes saying they have plenty of grunt for what thyey are, and still bloody fun !