ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impressive mpg

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
damn i got a trip down to cornwall on wednesday need to save fuel so looks like its going to be a long trip at 60-70mph but my best was 47.4mpg

320d
Thats pretty impressive. My 1.2 would do around 45-48mpg @ 70mph. If the ph1 does 40-41mpg @ 70 i'll be more than happy.

The difference between the two isn't huge anyway. I only do 7000 miles a year.

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

372 miles @ 40 mpg @ 99p Litre = £41.86
372 miles @ 35 mpg @ 99p Litre = £47.84

That's a saving of £5.98 per day x avg working days in a year 220 = £1,315.60 assuming you travel that far every day at 40mpg.

Now, you could get a small engined diesel cars (one of those 70mpg ones):

372 miles @ 70 mpg @ 109p litre = £25.36

Thats a saving of £22.84 a day vs your 35 mpg x 220 working days = £4,945.60 per year

When I started working this out, I was going to point out that its far more fun in your car than it would be in a diesel. However looking at the cost saving, if you travel that far every day might be better off changing your car! lol

clio 197
i only got 29.8 mpg on my way down to devon two weeks ago,

sitting at 70-80 mph in my 197, lol

Titanium 182
Because its the summer holidays and the roads are quiet I'm getting 36-38MPG on the commute ! O_O Normally get 29 !

Clio 172 Cup
I was doing 44.7 MPG to oxford sitting at 80 used Shell optimax.

Car had just been serviced the day before.

Fabia vRS
You guys all seem to be showing impressive mpg figures, but most of you should not rely on the trip computer so much and actually calculate what you're really getting. You'll find the trip computer (in the mk2 anyhow) is a bit optimistic! Calculate it properly and you might be a little suprised :dapprove:

03 RS clio 172 flameR
my cv boot split so i had to drive 55-60 back from santa pod, 50.7mpg = 172 world record, with a passenger, running on bp ultimate. by brain fell out my ear as well

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I posted a link the other day with the 225st focus v's the 175 dci meg.

When they were bootin it across wales which i thought was a fair relation to every day driving the meg was £500 a year better off doing 12k a year.And there was nothing in it between the 2 cars on the road....

You guys all seem to be showing impressive mpg figures, but most of you should not rely on the trip computer so much and actually calculate what you're really getting. You'll find the trip computer (in the mk2 anyhow) is a bit optimistic! Calculate it properly and you might be a little suprised :dapprove:

+1 - my cup computer is roughly 10% out, best I've had is 40mpg worst is 30 (calculated)