ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impreza P1. Post pics of your car...

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
yeah i had the commander, well worth getting as it has a fantastic monitoring system.

knock count (no need for knock link)
water temp
air flow
air temp
boost
all sensor outputs
etc.....

it also records peaks of all of the above

got to say the apexi is a fantastic bit of kit, well worth the money.

what mods do you have???

At the moment, only Vortex Afterburner exhaust + Magnex Centre, STi filter and Modified Downpipe due to warranty. At the end of the month, it will have FMIC, RCM open neck decat downpipe, K&N/GGR Induction kit, Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump, NGK Spark Plugs or similar, Apexi PFC ECU and Controller (shipped from Japan - £340), remap by Andy Forrest and an AP Racing clutch and release bearing to cope with the increase in power/torque.
The Apexi certainly looks the business.

Give us a bell and can sort you out bits at a reasonable price form one of my good friends.

The apexi commander (£700) is well worth the money compared to an ecutek remap (£550), the ecutek remap can only be done on 99+ cars due to the ecu compatability.

Speak to andy carr off the lads forum he is excellent and has mapped mine and all the other cars on lads.

http://www.ladsoc.co.uk/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25

Old
Pictures052.jpg

New
Pictures089.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
At the moment, only Vortex Afterburner exhaust + Magnex Centre, STi filter and Modified Downpipe due to warranty. At the end of the month, it will have FMIC, RCM open neck decat downpipe, K&N/GGR Induction kit, Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump, NGK Spark Plugs or similar, Apexi PFC ECU and Controller (shipped from Japan - £340), remap by Andy Forrest and an AP Racing clutch and release bearing to cope with the increase in power/torque.
The Apexi certainly looks the business.

Give us a bell and can sort you out bits at a reasonable price form one of my good friends.

The apexi commander (£700) is well worth the money compared to an ecutek remap (£550), the ecutek remap can only be done on 99+ cars due to the ecu compatability.

Speak to andy carr off the lads forum he is excellent and has mapped mine and all the other cars on lads.

http://www.ladsoc.co.uk/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25

except apexi have discontinued the apexi power fc and commander as the company making the ecu's went bust or summit lol.... and £700 is well over priced lol! try £450

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Here is my beast. 1994 rev 3 MR2 turbo in steel mist grey.

Current spec is:

Full veilside Kit
Mongoose cat back exhaust
TB Deveolpments downpipe
Apexi power induction kit
Pipercross breather filter
Blitz DTT turbo timer/boost gauge

Currently hes broken as my turbo oil seals have gone. Annoying, however thia has given me a reason to buy a new bigger turbo. So looking at a ct20/ct26 hybrid capable of around the 350-400bhp sort of mark. So will be purchasing that next and running standard boost on it untill i purchase a new intercooler, then i will buy an apexi avcr boost controller and stick the boost up to 18psi. After that i will get a unichip and have it fully remapped to my mods. Think i'm making good progress with the car as i have added all of the above spec (except the kit) in only 2 months. Really enjoying having a car i can play with and i'm trying to do everything myself and in most cases succeeding nicely.

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Yeah they are 250 std. Aiming for somewhere around the 350-400bhp sort of mark. When you get to 350 you have to spend a lot to break that and go to the 400 mark as i'll probably need forged internals to keep it safe. So i'm aiming for 350 for now, then will decide if i want to go from there. 350 would see me at about 320ish at the wheels, which would be pretty rapid. So i might well be content at that. But we'll have to see.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
No it has 550cc injectors as standard, and they are quiet happy to take up to that as you know on the 200sx as thats one of the stage 2 mods. But after the 350 mark they are also another thing on the list as well as forged internals. You can upgrade the fuel pump as a safety feature, but very few of the guys running that sort of power do.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
No it has 550cc injectors as standard, and they are quiet happy to take up to that as you know on the 200sx as thats one of the stage 2 mods. But after the 350 mark they are also another thing on the list as well as forged internals. You can upgrade the fuel pump as a safety feature, but very few of the guys running that sort of power do.

550's! Fair play! Yeah i've gotta get some Nismo 555's....boo!

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Yeah it was very nice of toyota to put them in. The early revisions only had 240's so they have to upgrade them before they reach 300bhp.
Most of the guys that break the 350 go with 1000cc injectors as once the engine is built with forged internals and you have done the injectors and the rest of those bits the only thing holding you back is the turbo and cooling. So most put in 1000cc to see them up to whatever their budget can afford. Then a bigger turbo and most go for a boot mounted charge cooler, then a replacment ecu and your well on your way to major power.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it was very nice of toyota to put them in. The early revisions only had 240's so they have to upgrade them before they reach 300bhp.
Most of the guys that break the 350 go with 1000cc injectors as once the engine is built with forged internals and you have done the injectors and the rest of those bits the only thing holding you back is the turbo and cooling. So most put in 1000cc to see them up to whatever their budget can afford. Then a bigger turbo and most go for a boot mounted charge cooler, then a replacment ecu and your well on your way to major power.

Nice nice. Are the mr2's charge cooled anyway?

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Unfortunately not. The st205 celica GT4's are, and they have the same engine as mine. So most people buy a gt4 charge cooler set up and install it themselves. However this is no easy task as its mounted on top of the celica engine, and there is no space to do this on the MR2, so it has to be located elsewhere, which is why most put it in the boot. To get it done with a bigger charge cooler and installed professionally in the boot its about the £900. But the benefits over an upgraded wing mounted intercooler are as much as 30-40bhp as the ignition can be advanced so much more before detonation occurs. So really depends how deep your pockets are, and what your power goal is.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh right. My mate has a ST185 Carlos Sainz and thats charged cooled. I knew it was the same engine. Sounds like ALOT of hassle though!

How you finding the car now? Finding that you can pass the 4x4 scoobs etc pretty easily? I was quite shocked when i started "testing" against other cars...:)

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Yeah i'm getting used to it now. At first it was floor it, oh crap oh crap thats fast. lol. But now i'm starting to get used to it and being able to control it nicely. Scoobies are no problem in wrx form, my mate has one running full exhaust system, dp, induction and fmic and i dispatch that quiet happily.I had a run against a new shape M3 convertible which was fun. Pretty level going. Both pulled into the sainsburys car park and he actually came up to me and said bloody hell that things quick, wasn't expecting that. lol. Which i loved. Only thing i will say is i'm very wary of it in any sort of even mildly damp conditions. Which can be a bit frustrating. It doesnt matter what speed your going, what angle the cars it, sometimes it just steps out if there's a lack of traction at a key point, or a shift of weight at the wrong time, bang and out comes the tail. Its fine if your 100% awake and switched on, but i wouldn't recommend the car if you just want something to cruise about in and go fast in occasionally. You need to 1005 switched on 100% of the time or it will catch you out.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly the same as my car! lol! If its damp i cant go fast. Any gear it will spin the rears on boost. And as you know that makes the back step out! Really quite annoying sometimes! Just cant wait for summer again. Rwd cars come into their own then! :)

I had a blast against a kiddy i know in his skyline the other day. Its 350bhp but i pulled on him pretty easy. He was gutted because he's only just bought it from selling his sx! Looks mint though! Letterally! lol

S1030021.jpg

Oh dear, i've just bought a Garrett GT28......:D

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
That does look bloody sweet. Great colour, and the alloys look superb to in that colour against the paint work. It might have 350bhp, but bet your power to weight will be bloody close. And as for your purchase, jammy bugger!!! lol. Strapped for cash at the moment after Christmas, and is the g/fs birthday and my car tax next month (£96 for 6 months) so my turbo going now was not what i wanted. But a parental loan my be coming my way, as they are already getting tired of giving me lifts. lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
liner looks nice but not keen on the front bumper a standard gtr with the n1 vents would look nicer imho

tom i was going for the 555's but remember they will hit a limit at some point, so im gonna go 740cc's pretty much the same price and jez can map them for the chips etc wont use any more fuel as it will still piss the same amount in just they wont be running 80-90% duty...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Its only costing me £220 with 1500 miles use. I reckon i could sell mine for £120. :)

555's are good for 350bhp though right? I doubt i'm going to be aiming much above that tbh!

Whats your spec now malice or what are you aiming for?

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
How did you manage that? Is a bloody bargain. Yeah 555's would be fine for 350, but as malice says they will be reaching near their full duty cycle, so would be under more strain than say 740's. But they can handle it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not bad for £100 really...;) Piece of piss to swap them on a sx too!

Just saw it forsale and bagged it. Basically a kiddy bought his car and it threw a rod through the block and is now breaking it. Bargain! :D

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Sweet. Love unexpected bargains like that. Your be well on your way with that bad boy under the bonnet.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Sweet. I should be running in the region of 280ish at the moment. I could turn the boost up to 1.2 bar without doing the intercooler and that would see me well into the 300's, but going to play it safe and wait for the intercooler first.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
not done much else recently tbh just been enjoying it and fixing what i break drifting lol, febuary is rims and body work time then if i have enough cash its off to ben r for him to mollest :D

My old E3 GSR.Xr2 Turbo of a friends that we use(haynes beast, got camber? :p) and current 3rs project that now has differant wheels :)

Attachments

• xr.jpg
    xr.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 48
  • e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 38
  • e3rs.JPG
    e3rs.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 54
  • rsturbo.jpg
    rsturbo.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 42
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Looks mint Ad, if you were selling one month later i'd buy it. PM me if in a small miracle chance its still for sale this time next month.

Black 182
heres my first 3rd and 4th cars no pics of my 2nd car a CTR facelift

Attachments

• DSC00510.JPG
    DSC00510.JPG
    342.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00222 (1).jpg
    DSC00222 (1).jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00237.JPG
    DSC00237.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 118462-3.jpg
    118462-3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 28
  • 118462-6.jpg
    118462-6.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 27
  Black 182
Tell a lie ive got a couple of my CTR and 2 more of my ST also missus VRS and mates Trophy

Attachments

• DSC00474.JPG
    DSC00474.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00346.JPG
    DSC00346.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: