ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impreza P1 vs Clio Williams vid.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Impreza P1 up the strip, up against a modified Willy and a WRX Turbo Impreza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du_8QEAJ-No

Obvious start by the P1, they pull like a f*cking train from the off, but respect to the Williams for having a good go! :approve:

---

Here's one against a 2006 Audi RS4. lol at the comment from the guy watching, "F*cking hell! He's dusted him!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzqpHGQayFI

EDIT : Just read the comments on the bottom of the second vid! PMSL! Nothing like taking things too seriously

Last edited:
What power is a P1? I thought for some reason they are over 300bhp? If they are only 280 then I can deffo see an STI beating one, especially a Type-R or Type-RA as they are pretty quick.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Granted they look about 100 times nicer...lol

Seriously though. And it only has a uprated clutch, lightned flywheel, blitz nur spec, remap and its been fully rebuilt.

A new RS4 against a P1?

Hmm, despite the video I'd place a heavy wedge on the P1 taking a good second place to the RS4.

Get a drive, or ride in an RS4 and see for yourself.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
mr_merc said:
A new RS4 against a P1?

Hmm, despite the video I'd place a heavy wedge on the P1 taking a good second place to the RS4.

Get a drive, or ride in an RS4 and see for yourself.

Who says the p1 is standard though?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The P1 is just an Impreza STi V5/6 specifically honed for the UK by Prodrive. Its the same engine et al. Standard, it does 0-60mph in 4.66s, which is more or less the same as the Japanese equivalent Type R. Its limited to 155mph but GPS readouts and figures have claimed 169mph + on owners cars.
I didnt buy the car just because it was fast; its one of the most iconic cars of the last 10 years. Not blending in with the typical 4 door Impreza mould. Its set apart in my opinion and along with the 22B, probably the only Impreza I'd ever have.
I agree that other cars could give it a run for its money, but for standard, out of the box figures, they are pretty damn impressive, even in supercar league. Plus it sounds f*cking fantastic and looks the part too :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Tom16v said:
Who says the p1 is standard though?

The P1 wasnt standard. Its claimed it was 383bhp, but I think it was 323bhp according to owners club.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
fookin mint cars, but unfortunatley its just another impreza, sure there nice and pretty nippy but every c**t has one, i see about 10 on the way to the shops every week. And due to this, they are cheap as chips (imprezas in general, not the p1 or 22b) and for some reason ppl think that theyre unbeatable flying machines.

cant argue with the fact they do 1/4's in low 13's @ 110 from std (p1)

Last edited:
  Honda Civic Type R
i might be wrong but i think the one in that vid did it in 12.9. not that impresive for a 4wd car. if it's modded that is. i'd still have one though. i think they're one of the best drivers cars around

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i might be wrong but i think the one in that vid did it in 12.9. not that impresive for a 4wd car. if it's modded that is. i'd still have one though. i think they're one of the best drivers cars around

The P1 in the video was standard, engine wise. Its all down to drivers ability at the end of the day. Some people would get 14s or 15s I'd say, no matter what car. 12.9 is definitely beatable though, in my opinion :)

MKIII 138
every day its just another burble from a 1995 piece of jap crap so common is just silly there not special anymore, P1 gets tared with same brush im affraid. there the most incredible out of the box cars for the price (in JP anyways) £11k new for an STi but there so ugly and common.

shame really thats the price of success :(

Ad

MK2 FRS
I cant agree that the P1 gets tarred with the same brush to be honest.

Its only like say 225s are the same as all meganes out there...as most people woundnt apprecite the difference. But people who do know appreciate them

Ad

MK2 FRS
although scoobies do have a bit of rep I accept..

lol, i like this agreeing stuff, we should try it more often. haha

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah some scobbies are very nice and others aint that special imo. However P1s, 22b's and a couple others are very nice and do stand out from the crowd for me. The P! in the first vid sounds sweet!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
every day its just another burble from a 1995 piece of jap crap so common is just silly there not special anymore, P1 gets tared with same brush im affraid.

Bold comments, and all wrong. You can hardly call the Impreza Jap crap. Its won so many awards down the years in the UK and Japan. I dont think any of the catagories were best "Japanese crap". The sound is common because the engine layout is basically the same in every model, hardly anything that can be done about that. There's also a difference between a £3k WRX and a £15k P1 in respect to the brush you're apparently painting things with in a very slapdash manor.

What power is a P1? I thought for some reason they are over 300bhp? If they are only 280 then I can deffo see an STI beating one, especially a Type-R or Type-RA as they are pretty quick.

who told you that LOL

there has never been any classic shape impreza with more than 276bhp.

A type-R will be level pegging IMO, type-RA V-Limited had closer gearing so might beat it

every day its just another burble from a 1995 piece of jap crap so common is just silly there not special anymore, P1 gets tared with same brush im affraid.

Bold comments, and all wrong. You can hardly call the Impreza Jap crap. Its won so many awards down the years in the UK and Japan. I dont think any of the catagories were best "Japanese crap". The sound is common because the engine layout is basically the same in every model, hardly anything that can be done about that. There's also a difference between a £3k WRX and a £15k P1 in respect to the brush you're apparently painting things with in a very slapdash manor.

Can always fit equal length headers from a sti v 9 ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Can always fit equal length headers from a sti v 9 ;)

I was going to call Subaru and explain to them that they should have done this, but they claimed something about 'Time Travel' not really an option yet, and as such, what has happened is far from changeable at this moment in time ;)

LOL
regardless the burble is what makes the impreza what it is.

Starting to miss the noise, not missing the fuel consumption though. Just wasnt economically viable to own one at the time, now i do less miles and it gets me thinking..............................LOL

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL
regardless the burble is what makes the impreza what it is.

Starting to miss the noise, not missing the fuel consumption though. Just wasnt economically viable to own one at the time, now i do less miles and it gets me thinking..............................LOL

lol, well there's only a few classics that are worthy in my opinion. The new style Imprezas are very impressive mechanically, and performance wise :)

Turbos.
It's suprising how light the originals were, but then they aren't as good to drive.

I was watching a guy in an RB5 and it was leaving a flume of tyre smoke out of each corner due to plough on understeer, yet the guy in front with a new STI was drifting it out of each corner with no problem.

who told you that LOL

A type-R will be level pegging IMO, type-RA V-Limited had closer gearing so might beat it

no one, I just assumed they did a more powerful model... 276bhp from a lighter Type R and RA is surely quicker, I thought these were the classic to have?

I do like the classics, I'd deffo consider one as a future car, just needs more power imo.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
who told you that LOL

no one, I just assumed they did a more powerful model... 276bhp from a lighter Type R and RA is surely quicker, I thought these were the classic to have?

I do like the classics, I'd deffo consider one as a future car, just needs more power imo.

The 276bhp figure is due to Japanese law claiming anything over 276bhp is deemed illegal. Most cars produced in Japan to have a claimed '276bhp' actually produce more. Most notably the Skyline R34 GTR. A lot of classic shape Impreza WRX STi models were actually more likely to have 290bhp and as such, the Impreza P1 and other classics with the quoted 276bhp will quite possibly have a bit more.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Scutch, bit off opic but what does yours boost too?

1.4 bar peak at the moment.

dsc002084bd.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
All these jap crap coments from people who own FRENCH cars - pmsl!!!!!!

lol. Each to their own though JJ. When I had my Clio Williams and 182 I never once slated the Impreza or Japanese vehicles, but I can understand why people do because of its popularity in the Chav sector. The image of many selected models and variants has been ruined by the baseball cap wearing youngster, unfortunately. Classic Type R, P1, 22B and RB5 aside I feel. Depends where you live in the UK I suppose. There are very few P1s around in Cumbria, and only one 22B that I know of.

Just buy an Evo and be done with it :quiet: ;)

PMSL! That comment hasnt been used for so long now, and sooo many Impreza threads too. Shame on you ;)