ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In Your Opinion...

Ok the lil 1.4 RT has finally died on me :( well i say die, its still a runner but it sounds terrible.

dad reckons its cylinder head gone, from what ive told him, but just wanted some other opinions just incase we over look somthink when we get around to sorting it.

engine starts, but doesn't sound right, almost vibrates. feels like it may stall when moving up the gears, doesn't feel like its got enough power. cant go above 60 with it cutting out / misfiring.. still runns but feels like it would conk out if i kept it up.
the oil is at a fine level and is still a clear to black colour (hasn't got water into it) the water levels tho i had to top up twice on the 110mile trip i had todo while it was in this state.

What do you lot think?!

Also.........

What do you lot recommend as my next car.

ive only got a budget of 1-2K, need somthink thats reliable and can do a 250mile round trip every weekend. aswell as Milton keynes :)S) driving in the weekdays. pref somthink above 35mpg av. and i would want somthink quick but i doubt its gonno happen. needs to be quicker than the 1.4 RT anyway!

my thoughts were...

306 TD or 2L SXI

comments on above? or any other suggestions?

Beetle
306td seems to be a popular choice - nippy enough and great mpg, i'd get one if i was doing a lot of mileage

kool kool.

Anybody actually owned a 306 and a RT?! i know the RT is no flying machine, but once i had it lowered and induction kit / decat etc. it felt like a go kart.

just dont want to be dissappointed.

anybody here owned the 306 2L sxi, parkers say the 0-60 is 10.1 surly this isn't right?!

the SXi does only do op-60 in 10.1, I've kept with plenty of them in 1.6. I think you arte best looking at diesels for the MPG your after.

Gah 10.1 is poor for a 2L...

Im still stuck then, does anybody have a good alternative in mind?

I was looking at a VTS but dont think ill be able to drive on the pedals are too close together!