ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Increasingly finding myself growing bored of the Clio..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
a 335d is cheap to run??? Yes, Tax, insurance, Servicing and depreciation is a breeze on a 335d! lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Would you ever go back to any of the others Dan? (like you have with clios). Or with the evo's and subaru's is it a case of once you have tried them, that's the itch scratched?

have often wondered about "upgrading" to an evo, but the 182 is fast enough for me and don't fancy the thirst of the evo's.

M3 is definately on my 'again' list. None of the others really floated my boat tbh. Too much of a pain to live with everyday. I found the M3 quite civil day to day and a fcuking lunacy machine on a track day! ha!

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Hmmm, I know the Clio is only a 'hot hatch' but the DC5 does have a chavtastic rear wing and a nasty interior. For a day to day car the clio is a great all rounder as stated before.
An M3 is a very tempting proposition but I'd have to drive it like a grandad to save on fuel and tyres and I'd never be able to leave it in a carpark:eek:
30mpg and £35 tyres ftw!

Iceberg 172
DC5 Chavtastic!? That makes near enough all fast affordable (sub £20k) cars chavtastic! Evo's, Impreza's, Type R's, Clio (with cup spoiler), FRS etc etc etc.

Nah, the DC5 is fine day to day... the interior is much better than the clio, everything is right infront of you angled towards the driver, simple controls with a fook off 270deg sweep rev counter!!!!! All you need!!!!

All I'd want to do to a DC5 is fit the Eiback lowering springs / fast road setup. Perfect stance!

They sound great right out of the box with a nice exit exhaust, best seats for an everyday car I've ever sat in, good power (believe what you want about VTEC's having no go until they hit VTEC... none of my mates VTEC Honda's (DC2, DC5, EP3) had any problems keeping up with my mapped Ibiza or mapped TT.

I sell the DC5 to myself... if only it justified it's price tag!

200 Cup & DC2
but the DC5 does have... a nasty interior.
I actually laughed out loud at this. The 182 has a dreadful interior compared to a DC5.

By the way, noticed you location was Hertford. Were you parked in Hartham gym car park this evening? Noticed a black 182 parked two spaces in front of me.

Iceberg 172
I've just looked on pistonheads... WTF has happened to the prices of DC5's!!?? Decent ones used to be £10k minimum a few months ago... there's decent examples for £8k????

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Well i think there will always be gripes with different cars.

I love my 182. Wanted one for years and years and couldnt be happier!

Iceberg 172
Well i think there will always be gripes with different cars.

I love my 182. Wanted one for years and years and couldnt be happier!

That's great! I'm also happy with mine!! But there are cars out there which are better at certain things... but the Clio is a complete package imo.

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Yeah maybe so...but i just think that there are certain things the others portray that the clio doesnt.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
3840875511_6e4ed360fc.jpg

3358542443_34c1ffa239.jpg

I will own one - at some point

Iceberg 172
Me too! Esp as the prices are falling now!

CW, lowered, done imo. White on white looks great on the DC5 i think as do the std wheels!

Make sure it has the c pack though... The rear parcel shelf makes a difference to road noise and the starter button is a must!!!!!! lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Althought its a bit off topic - Is the C pack the one to go for (IE bit like a FF 182 is the pick of the 182 range)

Iceberg 172
Yeah, they're more sought after... I believe the C Pack is Xenon's, Parcel Shelf and Starter Button but there may be a few more differences. (Exactly like a 182 FF vs 182 Cup... stuff you don't need but want!)

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Sorry but I just couldn't live with that rear wing. Or the red cloth seats. I'm sure the rest if fine though, I prefer the DC2's, with the rear wing removed of course lol.
Wasn't me Penfish, I have to suffer the Nuffield gym as Monster is too much of a trek.

Iceberg 172
You can get the seats in black cloth!!

But personally I wouldn't have one unless it was CW with White wheels, lowered with red recaros! That is fwd na perfection IMO.

But we're all different!!

Arctic 182 & PB 172
No offence to anyone on here but think of how many honda owners you know...are the majority of them w*****s?? I BET they are! They think their s**t dont stink!

BMW E92/Audi S3
I'll tell you what mate. I guarantee you'll miss it.

I have a 225 (An obese clio with boost) and I want my Clio back..

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
at the end of the day a car is just a car and you can always buy another thats similar again if you make a wrong decision. Only car i've regretted getting rid of was my BMW as it was written off after a lorry tried to drive through it. I was not ready to get something else.
Make sure you dont name it (like many girls do) then when you dont like it and sell it you wont cry as its driven off by its new owner.
I have a friend who asked me what I thought about him looking at replacing his Pug 205 gti with a teg. We have for years and years both owned 205's and I told him without question to go for it. We will have fun pulling his 205 apart for parts :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i was bored of my ph2 172, didnt want to sell it as of how good it was, had a really strong engine as proved on the RR at a few of the CS rolling road days, eventually bit the bullet, eventually regretted it and bought a cheap ph1 172 which i actually prefer!

BMW Z4
Its a sad day but i dont think i see what i used to see in the clio anymore, sure it does what it does and what it does it does well but recently ive found myself scouring the internet for information on the Integra dc5 type r and the more i read the more i want one.

Can anyone think of a better car to move onto from the clio?

I would say my AMV8 but I'm feeling the same as you after 3 years of ownership :eek: