ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indigo blue S2 Rallye

Here's my other car I now own. Just picked it up on monday, thought you might be interested. I think I might actually prefer driving this over the clio! :eek:

Here we go again.. So I went and bought another 106 Shes an indigo S2 and still fairly original. Some of the main reasons I bought it was:

It is a reasonably clean shell. No rusty holes. There is some surface rust in the engine bay and a little bit in the boot. But its only surface rust and will be easily sorted.
Its still an 8v, so its ready for my itbs and wiring loom etc to just fit onto it.
It is a bit rough round the edges on the outside, but its a rallye. Not a show car that should be mint. Tbh, thats where I feel I was going wrong with my last one. Trying to make it look the part, which probably meant I wouldn't have used it as much, which lets face it, is not what a rallye is for.

So anyway, I picked it up from Huddersfield. A total of 430 miles, one way. Took me 8hrs to get back home with it! It never missed a beat the whole way, home, so delighted with it. Great fuel consumption out it too, used 31 litres to get to Perth (approx 280 miles)

So plans:

Will be off the road for a short while, to fit my longmans head, itbs, wiring loom and ecu etc.
While the heads off, will rub down and respray as much of the engine bay as possible.
Sort out the small bit of rust in the boot.
Fit some decals
Have a look at the engine mounts, as it sometimes pops out of 5th when coming off the throttle, hopefully just the engine movement.
Fit my bilsteins and faulkner springs, grp n top mounts etc.

So pics: :)

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg