ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction BMC CDA

Tried to buy a BMC CDA from a place called passion motorsport, But they say they have stopped selling it cus it needs an adaptor which they cant find:confused: Anyone heard of this before? Heres a copr of the e=mail i received from em

Hi there, thanks for order

Unfortunately we have withdrawn the CDa kit for the Clio 1.8 16V. Reason being it needs a special
adaptor to fit the kit. As the engine to air outlet is Square on the car, the circle end of the kit will
not fit. If you can find this adaptor, we can sell the kit.... Hope this helps

I have cancelled the order for now, but let us know if you find the adaptor.

Thanks

Where can i get one from guys?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Yeah adaptor is required. Got mine done from some fiate tuners that dealt with BMC importers eurostyling.

Need to get it made up, or get one from Ktec as I believe they should have made an adaptor to get the Viper to fit.

Skoda Fabia vRS

you should be able to get an adapter made up somewhere, there was a thread on here a while back from someone who had one made up and could get more made

the BMC is a good £70 cheaper than a Viper.........

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Yeah I would go for BMC everytime, especially as I think it fits better thn the Viper if it looks like the Viper has to fit near the radiator.

I got my adaptor made my drawing around and photocopying the oval part of the throttle body, givin dimensions including bolt length, wedth etc to a place and they made teh same again but put a lip on it for teh silicone hose to attach to.

http://uk.msnusers.com/Clio16v/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2http://uk.msnusers.com/Clio16v/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2

The Viper does sit quite close to the radiator but gets no heat soak though.

Nick Hill can make up an adapter for you. He was going to do me one, before I realised they K-Tec had finished making theirs to sell with the Kit.

Whats this Viper X Induction like then?? heard alot of good things about it.

What sorta extra bhp/response does it give? And whats the noise like??

For a Clio valver.... Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by valver lad on 18 January 2004

Whats this Viper X Induction like then?? heard alot of good things about it.
What sorta extra bhp/response does it give? And whats the noise like??

For a Clio valver.... Cheers
Well I had one fitted last week, along with a PBV and HillPower Chip.

Cars definately more powerful and feels a lot more torquey (if thats a word lol), and it a lot more responsive. I feel most of this is down to the chip and boost valve, but the IK does seems to be working well.

Noise is hardly noticeable, but then I do have an original K-Tec zorst with straight through de-cat, so all I really hear is that....