ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kit question

clio 1.2 16v,??
just want to fit an induction kit to my 1.2 16v 2001 clio, now ive had a play with the air box and it seams like it stirps down to an angled box type thing then straight into the engine, any way of taking this off to show a round intake so i can work from that, or anyone know where i can get one of them steel plates like what they show with the kits on k-tec's sites?

cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Wouldn't bother tbh, if you want a noise buy a K&N...K-tec's one looks nice tho i had it on my 1.2. IK's do nout tho...

clio 1.2 16v,??
bah im going my own way about it, i'm certainly not doing it for power its a 1.2 ffs. just want to know where i can get that plate thing from, might make one in the end.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got the k-tec relocation kit for my IK on my 1.2 16V, it sounds good after about 3,500rpm, cant hear it before that it revs alot easyer, idles better and it is pulling a little harder and its alot more responsive, if you rev it and try and hold it steady say at 3,000rpm it does it where mine used to jump about with the standard air box. not sure if this is all the same without the relocation kit because its getting a s**t load of cold air!

Chocolate Bar™
what type of induction you planning on installing?

you've got a fair bit of space to play with :)

clio 1.2 16v,??
going to have an extended pipe a sort of ram air cone mounted diectly behind the grill to the left of the radiator as you look at the car, and i might start looking into forced induction, possibly a turbo of a punto gt i dunno yet.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cheaper to supply, turbo and fit a 1.6 16V engine than the current 1.2 16V engine i was told.

incase your interested...
inductionkit11hx.jpg

inductionkit2oe.jpg