ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kits are they any good?

cliosport 182
hi there was thinkjng of gettin an induction kit for my 182.what one would you guys recomend do u recomend them at all.do u notice any power gains wil it affect my warranty?

but soaks up loads of heat and takes the thottle responce away but if your a CHAV THE MAX POWER ONES AND ALL GRAVEY BRO

but soaks up loads of heat and takes the thottle responce away but if your a CHAV THE MAX POWER ONES AND ALL GRAVEY BRO

init...............

get a decent induction kit , with other mods and good mapping will see gains ;)

Leon Cupra R 225
viper with a decent cold air feed will be worth doing. anything £200 and over usually works lol

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i have a piperx on my cup.dont notice any gain but sound throaty!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Get a panel filter.
3-4 bhp £39
Big super-duper bmc
6-7 bhp £200

Are you going to notice the difference??

ian

LY 200

Lol, you twit, your obviously one of those who follows the crowd and doesnt really know fuckall.

For instance everybody likes turini's so turini's must be cool, everybody loves panel filters so panel filters must be cool!!!

I bought my car with an open ik (knn) on Sean, was shite so i changed it for a BMC (carbon enclosed one) which i instantly noticed a difference in. Tried my pals airbox to see if it made any further difference but it seemed the same as with the BMC less the noise (which in all honesty isnt that loud but its a noticeable nice noise).

Iv never tried a Viper but i get the impression these are pretty similar. Both look nice under the bonnet too. :)

How can people not like loud induction noise? I think its one of the best noises in the world that a good induction kit makes.

I prefer induction noise over excessive exhaust noise anyway

LY 200
Lusty dont listen to MOFO, he talks utter bollox on a frequent basis........So much so i think he could be worse than another member with the letters J and D in his user name!!! ;)

I agree an induction noise is better than a loud exhaust.

At least you can get rid of it when your pottering about or sitting on the motorway doin 60/70 mph. I remember the piper system i had on my old mk1 2.0, i could here it when i was doin 0 mph and it got heavier as it went up the rev range. Nice for 30 minutes worth of driving but a headache for anything more.

I've just put a K&N 57i on and have been impressed with the ease of fitting, how it looks, how it sounds and the change in pick up. Wasn't too sure if it would make any difference to overall speed or acceleration but it sure as hell sounds better getting there. I had a K&N on my 1.6 Megane and that really made a difference so I guess I must be addicted to the Induction noise

PH1_172
i like to get a small gin and no heat soak im looking for a induction kit thats in-closed with a cold air feed

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Ive always used K&N 57i But the most important thing is to get a GOOD cold air feed to it, makes the wold of difference, they usually come from the wheel well but if you can get a pipe to the front of the (under the bumper) then you should see better response, the colder the air the more condensed it is = BETTER performance.

Same kind of idea as NOS, but obviously NOT AS GOOD lol

J

JACKO CUP 172!

induction noise is quality. love it when you put ya foot down and it just growls.. music to my ears>>

182cup & 172 racecar
hi there was thinkjng of gettin an induction kit for my 182.what one would you guys recomend do u recomend them at all.do u notice any power gains wil it affect my warranty?
According to the RR results today,not much gain if any in just an induction kit