ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kits

White Sti Hatch
K&N or Pipercross depends on your price range but to be honest i wouldent waste money on one just uprate your panel filter and cold air feed !

But in the end its your choice

White Sti Hatch
The price really...youll on a 1.2 youll get a better result with a Panel filter and up raed caf to the origional airbox as you would opposed to haveing an Open induction kit where youd lose power due to heat soak from the engine.

I recently removed my K&N and replaced it with the origional airbox and imo the airbox is much more responsive than the induction kit.....

ur megane r26
what about if you got a closed induction kit??? are they too much money to worry about for a 1.2 or are they worth it? and how would u go about gettin the caf to fit a standard airbox?

White Sti Hatch
You will get a small power increase nothing worth spending three figures on for a 1.2....the intake hole is 50mm i think well it is on my 8v so just get the width of the hole get a CAF that width or large and run it from the bumper or where ever you want to there and tie it down with wire tie or anything you so wish

ur megane r26
ooo right i think u have persuaded me now coz closed induction kits are alot of money n like u say at the end of the day it is a 1.2 n cud u do wt they do on the 2.0l clios like cut a hole in the grill n place it in there n that coz i think that looks the nuts

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
yeaa i think im persuaded aswell actually, how much we lookin to spend on summit like that if u have an idea?

ur megane r26
a panel filter for a 1.2 16v is bout 30 quid duno bout the cold air feed must be along the lines of 10 quid mayb, mayb wrong tho n then ya gotta inform the insurance company

White Sti Hatch
a panel filter for a 1.2 16v is bout 30 quid duno bout the cold air feed must be along the lines of 10 quid mayb, mayb wrong tho n then ya gotta inform the insurance company

Dont have to tell them about the Panel filter as its still the standard airbox and cold airfeed is the same..... £35 for a good filter and around £15-20 or less on a Cold airfeed..Halfrauds will have them

ur megane r26
cheers mate very helpful so i need an air filter which fits the clio 1.2 16v n the company wil tell me whether or not it fits yer? n for the cold air feed i need to find one which matches the width of the end of the air box yer? how long does it need to be? and can i just face it down to the floor thru a whole which goes from the top to the bottom

White Sti Hatch
cheers mate very helpful so i need an air filter which fits the clio 1.2 16v n the company wil tell me whether or not it fits yer? n for the cold air feed i need to find one which matches the width of the end of the air box yer? how long does it need to be? and can i just face it down to the floor thru a whole which goes from the top to the bottom

Most sites will tell you for 1.2/1.4 16v etc etc..... your best to have it facing the front of the car, on the grill or further down or you can put it where the standard one is or leave the standard one all together its up to you

ur megane r26
ok kl so i gotta get it facin forwards, i do want to get a caf just to make it sound better and give a bit more response i just ad a look under the bonnet and cant realli c where it can fit does anyone have a picture of it on a non rs?

Shed.
ive got a piccy somewhere. ive got the same car, a 1.2 16v. So i trust itll be the same engine.

Ive just put my car back to standard. Its slow as s**t but i did have it stripped out.

The pannel filter (ive got a k&n in right now) is ok. not alot of difference between the paper and the k&n in all honesty. Cant notice it. The Cone (induction kit) makes a small difference. IMO its slower at low revs and kiks out a lot of noise, but there is a noticable difference up in the revs. Ive got my induction kit lying about somehwere and dont use it. so am thinking of selling it.

l_4bb7a672a25533bc3f9a54f6c99d675e.png

Shed.
its simple btw. remove airbox and the feed, and the stupid metal thing. Add the intake kit.

Its like lego. Only more simple.

i love my pipercross induction kit sounds f-ing wicked and my car flys
got a powerflow exhaust the other day and the two work excellent together.
gonna buy a relocation pipe for it though.

136.jpg

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
Ill say this too with then IK on my exhaust waas much much louder and with a meaner note to it with standard box on it is a lil quiter but stil has the note to it