ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction response

172 cup
alrighty guys . quick question ,was about to buy a bmc cda induction kit. has anyone got any opinions on it and do u notice any gains over the standard setup .cheers

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Any gains will hardily be noticable, be a deeper sound thats all, check the induction test at the top of the engine etc section, either a panel filter or a v6 airbox is the best/cost effective :)

Clio 172 Cup
Had one on my cup, felt like it was choking the engine up, sounded good tho.

Sold it on and stuck a Panel filter on.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I felt the BMC lost me performance. When I put the standard back on it was so much better. I do miss the noise though...
As above, buy a maxogen if you can afford it.

S'trollin on size 7s
the JMS setup is the only one proven to be effective performance wise, other induction kits usually as said above just choke the engine with warm air or just generally make no difference whatsoever apart from the noise! id stick with a panel filter ,either pipercross or itg filters seem to be the most popular ,but unless you get yourself some other little mods, ie exhaust ,de cat and remap your hardly going to notice any difference in performance tbh

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just pull one of the cold air feeds off the airbox. Will sound nice and make virtually no difference.

Save your money.

172 cup
cheers for replies guys , just gonna stick with the standard setup me thinks . no point spending money on something just for a bit of noise.

Nippy white cup
I can't see how the BMC is so bad? Mine has one with a cold airfeed and anyone who has been in it will say it is pretty quick...maybe just a BMC isn't great but with a map to suit it is makes a bigger difference?

I found that my car felt quicker with the standard airbox before the rest of my mods but I put it down to the fact that the flap in one of the airfeeds opens at a certain point and this would make it feel like a sudden rush but with no flap the full amount of air would be getting in right through the rev range and you wouldn't get the surge you get with the std setup

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I found that my car felt quicker with the standard airbox before the rest of my mods but I put it down to the fact that the flap in one of the airfeeds opens at a certain point and this would make it feel like a sudden rush but with no flap the full amount of air would be getting in right through the rev range and you wouldn't get the surge you get with the std setup

If your talking about the acoustic valve, you are way off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4XWOpLIm3E

Nippy white cup
So it opens up at a certain rpm (which the above helpful video shows :S) which in turn will allow more air in but that won't make any difference? Surely if more air is coming in (within reason) then this should make a difference.

Incidentally I manged to get a 14.2 second 1/4 mile with a 'rubbish' Pipercross open ik in 28degs heat...with a standard I would have been in the 13's by all accounts lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It is open at rest. I beleive it closes at high rpm for EU drive by noise regulations. Its not a throttle body as such.

It shows little movement in the video possibly because there is no load. I posted the video to show that its starting position is open, not closed.

Ph1
So it opens up at a certain rpm (which the above helpful video shows :S) which in turn will allow more air in but that won't make any difference? Surely if more air is coming in (within reason) then this should make a difference.

Incidentally I manged to get a 14.2 second 1/4 mile with a 'rubbish' Pipercross open ik in 28degs heat...with a standard I would have been in the 13's by all accounts lol

Did you not run the same times with a CDA encolsed kit ? - your motors a hero of mine haha Epic engine

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
It is open at rest. I beleive it closes at high rpm for EU drive by noise regulations. Its not a throttle body as such.

It shows little movement in the video possibly because there is no load. I posted the video to show that its starting position is open, not closed.

Not effected by engine RPM as such more engine load, the idea behind it is to remove "induction noise" hence why if you sit & blip on the spot it will stay open, Film it when the cars at the bottom of the rpm range/ high gear at WOT and shut it goes

Nippy white cup
Did you not run the same times with a CDA encolsed kit ? - your motors a hero of mine haha Epic engine

I have only run it once since more work (and the caf) but at the time it was running a lower than standard limiter...pretty much the same times but 1mph quicker over the line so I imagine now it would probs dip into the 13's now but it seems to have loads (comparatively) of torque quite low down so it is a dream to drive in comparison to Nics 182