ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
  mondeo titanium tdci
Had my ktec panel filter go into bits after little use so thinking of either a jms induction set up or a k&n gen 2 setup what's your thoughts on this don't trust the ktec panel filter after seeing what happened to it

mondeo titanium tdci
Had my clio mapped with the Ktech pannel filter on so don't want to upset that either what do I do need some help on this

Stripped yozza'd cup
Induction setup will make so little difference to mapping that it's hardly worth considering.

Jms induction setup would be my choice.

mondeo titanium tdci
The k&n gen 2 looks good plus I would get that nice sound to it but worried about heat soke with that option what to do I don't know

Focus
Had an induction kit for a week and it got on my tits, also didn't notice any performance increase, if anything it felt slower but with alot of noise!

Clio 197
i have a pipercross on mine and at the moment in 2 minds as to whether i should keep it on - sounds good though

I wouldnt bother with a JMS if i change, will go with a V6 / Ph1 i think

mondeo titanium tdci
Have a search on the twingo forums and see how many peoples ktec filters have fell to bits there's quite a lot

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If you wanna keep Std airbox put a Jetex panel filter in it . Failing that better still PH1 airbox . Induction kits generally only sound better IMO .

I got a Gen2 on my 182! I would ditch the standard air feed that comes with it though and buy a couple of better ones (not foil). Decent air feeds to this kit makes a big difference, in my experience.

mondeo titanium tdci
I got a Gen2 on my 182! I would ditch the standard air feed that comes with it though and buy a couple of better ones (not foil). Decent air feeds to this kit makes a big difference, in my experience.

Thanks for the advice mate nice I will bear that in mind how long you had your kit for and what does it sound like

Ive had the kit on for a few years now, sound wise is hard to describe really... It kind of gargles on tick over and has a nice roar when you floor it!!! have you changed your exhaust at all? I have a Magnex system on mine and when driving at normal driving speed say in 2nd or 3rd gear, when you give it a bit of throttle i suppose it sounds a little subaru- esque... kind of hard to explain, just get it fitted asap!! haha

ClioSport 172 Cup
PH1 or V6 air box, about £50 from Renault.

Done

I had the V6 airbox for a while with a cold air pipe running to it and I found the actual PH2 squarebox worked better! I even did a Performance Analyser run on my RS Tuner(just to check I wasn`t delusional) and that also confirmed the Squarebox design to be better, it was making more power and torque.

There was a reason they changed the airbox design on the PH2 model to a flat filter type. The flow characteristics of the Flat filter obviously worked better with the F4R engine than the Cylindrical design on the PH1.

Samuel

Last edited:
I had the V6 airbox for a while with a cold air pipe running to it and I found the actual PH2 squarebox worked better! I even did a Performance Analyser run on my RS Tuner(just to check I wasn`t delusional) and that also confirmed the Squarebox design to be better, it was making more power and torque.

Samuel

Thats interesting as lots of members mention v6 airbox!! With the gen2 kit as i mentioned before get the cold air feed right and it is great, although no conparisons done with an rs tuner like you did.

ClioSport 172 Cup
I neglected to mention I was also running ITG filter elements in both also! The revs felt happier when going back to the PH2 box, I thought it was my imagination so decided on the RS Tuner run.

Status
Not open for further replies.