ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inductions Kits for 172

Hi all just thought I would say hello as I am new here - Great site and really friendly, glad I have registered. :D

Quick question for anyone who can help...

I am thinking of getting an induction kits for my 172 any of yous got any suggestions as to which one to buy and also how have you found the difference with having one? Better performance?

yes very friendly especially towards women lol

the ones to go for are the viper and bmc both closed induction systems dont bother with the open types like k&n as all they do is let hot air in, performance is most in your head as it makes it sound faster therfor it is faster:D if you put on a ss exhaust aswell then you might well se problems with the fueling and need to get a new ecu to get the mixture right again as it tends to lean it right out at WOT and thats not good at all.

Yeah ill back that up if you want a zorst and filter youll need an ECU! Dastek seem to do the best (re-programmable)

-Rob

Cheers guys all comments welcome...

Yup have to agree - its great to see some ladies in the forum and to hear from them.

Hello to the ladies... ;)

So do you think that the closed induction kits and performance are worth the money?

Well at the end of the day they sound good and you wont lose any BHP, its not good value but id say its worth it!

-Rob

people have seen good gains from the sealed kits with a remap or chip to adjust fuelling afterwards however the non sealed kits seem to drop or keep the same power so if you have the money go the sealed IK route ;)

seals are great but smell of fish :D but they do funny things with balls and hoops and stuff and that more than makes up for smelling of fish

I have a K&N induction kit and Iam really impressed with the sound it makes..

I dont think its made the performance any better, but its still fun to have